2017~2024 CX-5 GTR lack of power

Not to the floor, just aggressive throttle. I didn't have a long enough section for that, and my speed governor was in the passenger seat.

But in manual mode certainly easy to quickly go past 4k.

Not to the floor, just aggressive throttle. I didn't have a long enough section for that, and my speed governor was in the passenger seat.

Kid or spouse? Usually if its my spouse and I do something like that, I get the dagger eyes and a "what are you doing" 😅🤣

Ok, that makes sense.

Good guess sm1ke, it was the one that can make me regret doing things I shouldn't. :ROFLMAO:

Funny, she usually doesn't complain in the 911, i guess sitting up higher in the CX-5 makes it seem faster.

Sport mode and mashing accelerator will rev up to 5k. Sport mode changes the shift point from 4k to 5k.

I was still experiencing the same issues over the last few days but last night the CEL light came on. Brought it to the dealership this morning and the codes said to check PCM and TCM. They updated those which cleared the fault. They also reached out to a Mazda engineer for support. Technician test drove the car and found it was still not performing as it should be so he did some more digging. He found an intake hose completely disconnected which was something he said he’d never seen before. He shared that with the Mazda engineer as well and they were similarly surprised. Technician is putting the car back together for another test drive before releasing it to me. I’m glad they found the issue. It sucks when your new car is acting weird and it also sucks spending 4+ hours at the dealership on your second visit for the same issue.

That sounds like good news. Out of the box problems are frustrating, sounds like the tech was surprised too

Here’s the description from the dealership if anyone is interested:
O5J4IZw.jpg

The car is working as it should now so I’m happy :D

Here’s the description from the dealership if anyone is interested:
O5J4IZw.jpg

The car is working as it should now so I’m happy :D
Thanks for the update and posting the invoice!

It is odd that the tube wasn't connected in the first place. Ohhh I guess it came loose over time.
Yeah, I’m thinking it was connected but not fully tightened. I drive it for several hundred miles with a vacuuming leak though. Hope that doesn’t lead to any issues in the future.

Back