CX-5 Fuel economy and range all over the place

Mreed1988

:
Cx-5
Hello.

Sadly the other day I discovered my battery dead in my mazda cx5. I jumped the car and had a sequence or error messages the first was about the parking brake and then about the battery management system failure and Istop. All these messages have cleared themselves but I am now finding the cars fuel economy to be shocking. Before this happened I was averaging around 42 mpg now I'm struggling with around 32/33. I have also noticed the fuel range to be very up and down having swings of 30 or 40 predicted miles.

What may have happened? Thanks.

I had this on my 2013 Touring. Since that number is an average it will 'settle down' as more miles get calculated.

Disconnecting the battery probably reset all the sensor values to the default levels, your driving style will slowly return. Ed

How you are people getting these insane mileage numbers? I never got anything close to 30s, much less 40s on a full tank.

How you are people getting these insane mileage numbers? I never got anything close to 30s, much less 40s on a full tank.

On the highway, it is pretty simple. Set the speed to the speed limit plus 5 mph. In suburbia, don't accelerate to a red light or stop light. Accelerate quickly to the speed and back off the gas. And don't drive like you are in a S2000.

OP has i-stop, he uses mpg, these means he could be in UK. His CX-5 could be a 2.2L diesel, averaging around 42 mpg is a possibility with bigger British gallon (1 Imperial Gallon = 1.201 US Liquid Gallons).

I simply can’t imagine OP can get 42 mpg averaging with a gasoline engine, even if he has a SkyAcyiv-G 2.0L and calculated with Imperial Gallon.

Back