2013~2016 CX-5 Front Control Arm Bushings Life?

I've put 2000 km's on my new to me on my 2015 CX-5 (161,000), I had the ATF drained and filled and my mechanic said the bushings in my front control arms need to be replaced already. How long did they last for everyone? I do know the previous owner had some very poorly balanced snow tires that vibrated horribly on the highway so that may contributed to the bushings wearing out. I thought I felt it wander a little on our last highway trip and was thinking about doing an alignment anyways but I keep reading about these first gen cx5's where all the owner did was tires and fluids but maybe they didn't keep them last 150,000 km's.

20210420_165423.jpg

20210420_165418.jpg

I think I would replace due to cracked and broken rubber bushings. If you have movement in the bushing it will not help to align. It is 6 years old and rubber ages...

Thanks, yea, definitely planning to get the whole lower control arms replaced now I know about it. Just curious how long they've lasted for everyone!

Thanks, yea, definitely planning to get the whole lower control arms replaced now I know about it. Just curious how long they've lasted for everyone!
Not surprised to the condition of your front lower control arm bushings on your 2015 CX-5. Many gen-1 CX-5 owners, especially those with early MYs, have gone through the same experience as there’ve been several TSBs issued for failing front lower control arm bushings on gen-1 CX-5. There’re revised bushings available from Mazda, and make sure to get improved parts listed in the following TSB.

TSB No: 02-001/15 CREAKING NOISE FROM FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS

Back