CX-5 Facebook Group

It's roughly the same questions over and over and over again, but yea, you can call it active.

It's also mostly non car savvy folks, and ran by a guy who works for a dealer who is full of himself, but people suck it up, so whatever.

It's roughly the same questions over and over and over again, but yea, you can call it active.

It's also mostly non car savvy folks, and ran by a guy who works for a dealer who is full of himself, but people suck it up, so whatever.

There are some interesting pics every now and then, though.

This is why I always try to point people here (not the bad questions though, we have enough gimmie posts here already)

VZvYTD6.jpg

I don't do Facebook.

Zuckerberg is (laugh)

I know, but really, the government knows exactly who, what, and where I am. Facebook cant tell them anything extra, and I'm past the point of caring about the Intel gathered by it, so I use it regardless. Intel...knowing is half the battle...but only half.

I know, but really, the government knows exactly who, what, and where I am. Facebook cant tell them anything extra, and I'm past the point of caring about the Intel gathered by it, so I use it regardless. Intel...knowing is half the battle...but only half.

I have yet to reach that point. I find my delusions on this subject to be comforting, even as I understand them for what they are.

And as you infer, the only saving grace is that my information is in the hands of those who might have ill intent but are not known for their competence. I just don't see fit to make their job any easier than it already is.

bc5fa97215c91ac1c8c99727d6c88174.jpg

Last edited:
I have yet to reach that point. I find my delusions on this subject to be comforting, even as I understand them for what they are.

And as you infer, the only saving grace is that my information is in the hands of those who might have ill intent but are not known for their competence. I just don't see fit to make their job any easier than it already is.

bc5fa97215c91ac1c8c99727d6c88174.jpg

True, and I get that, but then government has literally every shred of data I can imagine on me already, so I'll at least avail myself of the good I can, of it.

I don't do Facebook.

Zuckerberg is (laugh)

There is that, but more and more, FB is just people bandwagoning stupid bulls*** I want no part in. No I don't want to debate your political opinions which 95% of the time are just rehashing someone else's platform as your own and that's just stupid.

Also the memes are old and chances are I saw them on Reddit/Imgur at least a couple or weeks if not longer before they showed up on FB.

I kept mine up to keep in touch with some family and a couple friends who moved away but otherwise don't really use it. I really just want to shut it down.

Last edited:
True, and I get that, but then government has literally every shred of data I can imagine on me already, so I'll at least avail myself of the good I can, of it.

In some blind thinking that I was laying low on the grid I just gave it all up this past Friday. Now NFA has some really nice digital finger prints with a Form 4 to go with all the other shreds of data they have on me. :)
I keep FB because of family, but rarely post anything. I would be scared to post anything in a group. I have joined closed groups only to find out that some friends joined after I did and posted replies to me in that closed group. That's just a little too invasive IMO.

Last edited:
I like Facebook. Because i manage it well. I don't give FB that much info on me.Like some people fill out the entire profile thing. No. I gave my name and city and that's it.
Of course I know it gleans much more from what I post but I don't "Like" businesses like SO many people do and I do not participate in political banter. I drop people who do.
FB is just like just about everything else in this world: it's what you make of it.

I was banned from the group because a lady asked how she could protect her car from falling ash from the wildfires. I suggested she move. She went full-on "Karen" and reported me.

I also had a video removed from a Honda Ridgeline Facebook group because it showed the vehicle being driven at less than 20 MPH in an empty parking lot to demonstrate a noise coming from the transmission. I respect removing videos that show people recording while driving on public roads, but at 15 MPH in an empty parking lot?

Last edited:
I got the boot from there as well. Evidently because i don't want to lower my car and tilt the wheels out I am not a true man and I sit down to pee. The little boy that spewed that didn't like my answer and reported me and I was gone. No loss.

I’ve heard in many political FB groups, if you post different opinions, or even just use FB ID to express different opinions in a media forum, your FB ID would immediately get banned to use any FB related accounts simply because someone reported you! I thought that’s political, but this’s just a CX-5 FB group, that’s too much! Glad I’ve never had any interest using the FB even though I do have an account.

I don't give FB any of my personal information or photos. It's read only.

Hilarious to see how sensitive some people are. After a year of ownership, I find this site and https://www.reddit.com/r/CX5/ better overall. Reddit for CX-5 pics and this site for information.

Back