CX-5 Engine Light - Engine Inspection Required

Hi Everyone

I have a Mazda CX5 2.2 Skyactive.

The Engine light has come on and says Engine Inspection Required. A quick diagnostic check has shown error Code: P -2262 -00 - 28

I have been told that this will result in getting a new turbo. Someone else said that it is a MAP sensor problem.

I now it will need taking apart but has anyone else had this same code and issue? What did it turn out to be? When the engine light went off it did kick through the lower gears and a bit of an umph. But when the light came on it did not kick and was sluggish. When light is off it kicks OK but no response to Turbo but when light comes on terrible.

Any thoughts - is it more likely Sensor problem or Turbo issue.

Thanks for any replies.

I left it a day or 2. The lights en

When

Hi Everyone

I have a Mazda CX5 2.2 Skyactive.

The Engine light has come on and says Engine Inspection Required. A quick diagnostic check has shown error Code: P -2262 -00 - 28

I have been told that this will result in getting a new turbo. Someone else said that it is a MAP sensor problem.

I now it will need taking apart but has anyone else had this same code and issue? What did it turn out to be? When the engine light went off it did kick through the lower gears and a bit of an umph. But when the light came on it did not kick and was sluggish. When light is off it kicks OK but no response to Turbo but when light comes on terrible.

Any thoughts - is it more likely Sensor problem or Turbo issue.

Thanks for any replies.

I left it a day or 2. The lights en

When
There’s minimum experience on Mazda’s SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel for US members as the 2.2L diesel CX-5 is not popular here, and only for sale in a single 2019 MY. Based on reports from Pavlos Petsa and dcureton, you need a revised exhaust pressure sensor for CEL code P2262.

Code P2262 question

There’s minimum experience on Mazda’s SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel for US members as the 2.2L diesel CX-5 is not popular here, and only for sale in a single 2019 MY. Based on reports from Pavlos Petsa and dcureton, you need a revised exhaust pressure sensor for CEL code P2262.

Code P2262 question
Thank you so much for your reply.

I hope that is the case as I spoke with someone and they said it is common that a rivet has come off and that would need a new turbo.

Im not a mechanic but form experience how big a job is replacing the exhaust pressure sensor (hopefully that is what is wrong)

I know different countries the labor costs are different - But what anount of labor time is required to replace the sensor.

As I said I am no mechanic is the Exhaust Pressure Sensor the same as a MAPs sensor - (Apologies if i sound dumb)

Thanks again so much for your assistance.

Asking questions in not dumb. No one is born knowing all about Mazdas. Ask away, if no one here knows the answer they’ll make one up!

j/k

Asking questions in not dumb. No one is born knowing all about Mazdas.
Thanks.

Is the Exhaust Pressure Sensor the same as a MAPs sensor?

For a qualified Mechanic how long would it take in labor times.

Sorry again, and Very grateful for your replies.

Thanks.

Is the Exhaust Pressure Sensor the same as a MAPs sensor?

For a qualified Mechanic how long would it take in labor times.

Sorry again, and Very grateful for your replies.
They’re different parts. See the link I posted earlier and Pavlos Petsa posted a parts diagram with the exact part and location pointed to (EXHAUST CMP SENSOR) with a green arrow.

They’re different parts. See the link I posted earlier and Pavlos Petsa posted a parts diagram with the exact part and location pointed to (EXHAUST CMP SENSOR) with a green arrow.
Thanks.

How long would it take a mechanic to fit it - Please?

Thanks.

How long would it take a mechanic to fit it - Please?
Honestly I don’t know. Not sure where are you located, but you should be able to consult a local Mazda dealer and see how much it’d cost to replace the sensor. And based on the report from Australia (read the same thread) the Mazda there may cover the sensor replacement with extended warranty.

Honestly I don’t know. Not sure where are you located, but you should be able to consult a local Mazda dealer and see how much it’d cost to replace the sensor. And based on the report from Australia (read the same thread) the Mazda there may cover the sensor replacement with extended warranty.
Ok - Thanks for your help.

@Nick123 you may want to ask for advice in the CX-5 UK owners group, lot more 2.2 diesel owners there.

I'm in Scotland - A local garage did diagnostic check but not visual. it came up as P-262-00-28

Then I spoke to a Mazda mechanic - he said lots of problems with Turbo's but main problem is that a Rivet comes off and the whole turbo needs replacing.

I hope it is a sensor issue.

Car is 7 years old.

Side note...Instead of linking elsewhere, let's do our best to post information directly here on these Forums if possible...Great care is taken to ensure this Community is as helpful and informative for everyone as possible, day after day, month after month and year after year.

Back on topic...Where's our resident CX-5 Diesel fan @HyFlyer 😁

I'm in Scotland - A local garage did diagnostic check but not visual. it came up as P-262-00-28

Then I spoke to a Mazda mechanic - he said lots of problems with Turbo's but main problem is that a Rivet comes off and the whole turbo needs replacing.

I hope it is a sensor issue.

Car is 7 years old.
If I were you I’d check with Mazda dealer in Scotland or Mazda UK directly finding out if there’s any help to this problem such as a recall or extended warranty on “exhaust pressure sensor” for Mazda SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel. It seems to be a common problem on 2.2L diesel, and some even says there’s a recall on it in UK few years ago:

CX-5 Engine exhaust pressure sensor replacement

Although in his thread Pavlos Petsa said he needed exhaust pressure sensor for CEL code P2262, but the schematic he provided where the green arrow pointed to is the exhaust CMP sensor (Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor) which is a different part.

And after some checking on exhaust pressure sensor for 2.2L diesel, there’s re-designed aftermarket part available on eBay, which indicates the original exhaust pressure sensor is problematic. Mazda could have re-designed the same part for OEM too.

3BFA900A-C1D4-4C81-90DA-D1F878C55026.jpeg

F880B0A2-9663-4978-A9CD-2755B28F0B14.jpeg

47A702E4-B88E-4D5B-B813-6C5F12569FD9.jpeg

70034428-C2B4-4896-BD9E-E133A1F2DCAA.jpeg

The sensor replacement seems to be easy.

Last edited:
I don't know what the regulations are in Scotland, but is it possible that this sensor would be covered under an extended warranty for emissions related parts as is the case in the USA?

Back