2017~2024 CX-5 Borla Exhaust

Pulled the trigger and purchased a Borla Exhaust from Summit Racing today. They had the best price with free shipping.
30DC0CEE-0068-4698-BC5E-51BC5E382517.png

Is that for Turbo or NA?
This was the question I asked Borla during my research because there was no mention of “turbo” in the listing. (My Carbon Edition is turbo.)

The listing states NA. I was told by Borla, the exhaust is setup for both, and there is no plan for a seperate turbo version. I will know on Saturday if this gamble pays off.

Does the turbo cx-5 have bigger piping? If not then theres no reason borla would change the exhaust. The cx-5 is popular but I dont think the market for aftermarket exhausts for it is huge.

Does the turbo cx-5 have bigger piping? If not then theres no reason borla would change the exhaust. The cx-5 is popular but I dont think the market for aftermarket exhausts for it is huge.
Same size. It seems Race Beats is also using the same setup for NAs and turbos for their CX5 exhausts.

Attachments

• F1205B75-9FCD-4F9C-9C3E-86E57819AB86.png
    F1205B75-9FCD-4F9C-9C3E-86E57819AB86.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 196
Same size. It seems Race Beats is also using the same setup for NAs and turbos for their CX5 exhausts.
This worries me as, they both may “fit”, I’d imagine they require different specs/back pressure amounts. The engines are putting out drastically different power🤔

This worries me as, they both may “fit”, I’d imagine they require different specs/back pressure amounts. The engines are putting out drastically different power🤔
If the designers at Borla aren't worried, why are you? Changing the exhaust isn't going to do much on these cars except for sound.

The real issue is the volume of gas at the rear muffler. Since the gas volume is much less by the time it gets to the rear muffler, the restriction of the muffler is minimal. Sound is the difference, not power. Be ”worried” if you want to be, it’s a free country (kinda).

Good God that ain't cheap.
Well, Borla Exhaust uses full stainless mufflers and pipes, and the system comes with 2 mufflers instead of one from factory. It’s supposed to be expensive. Borla Exhaust will out-last the CX-5 itself! ;)

Last edited:
I believe so, or at least they’re different. The part number on muffler is different between 2.5T and 2.5L. And the 2.5T’s muffler is more expensive.

9BDCD233-EA11-4A8A-AEEA-6F46C4F353F3.png

A1A089B8-6707-4472-A178-2DBCECC93613.png

Back