CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

View attachment 295888
Since photo was taken four months ago, got rear ended on freeway (by uninsured young kid) and with only 650 miles, car has been in shop for 2-1/2 months, mostly waiting on Mazda for parts, which apparently are back ordered due to C19 supplier-related problems. Oh well, still have my old SUV to drive and there were no injuries. I’ll get it back soon and it will be new car time again.

- Mark
What colour is that? Is that Eternal Blue Mica? By the way, love those rims.

What colour is that? Is that Eternal Blue Mica? By the way, love those rims.
Both the exterior color (Polymetal Gray) and wheels (19" black metallic finish) are what the 2021 Carbon Edition trim comes with; in fact, there are no other choices. There are two choices for the leather interior: black and red.

- Mark

P8241682_1080.jpg

tint, ppf, eibach springs

Side Note...Let's keep threads on topic please...Recent off topic conversation has been moved to the Lounge. Thanks.

View attachment 295888
Since photo was taken four months ago, got rear ended on freeway (by uninsured young kid) and with only 650 miles, car has been in shop for 2-1/2 months, mostly waiting on Mazda for parts, which apparently are back ordered due to C19 supplier-related problems. Oh well, still have my old SUV to drive and there were no injuries. I’ll get it back soon and it will be new car time again.

- Mark
Nice color.
Sorry to hear about your accident. My 4 month old 2019 GTR with 2400 miles was also rear ended but mine was totaled. My son & I walked away with bumps & bruises. It protected us well & I replaced it with its clone.

I lot of reviewers have complained about the side chrome clashing with the CE trim and suggested it should be blacked out. Looks good, although if I had my druthers, I would go with black chrome like the front grill surround.

- Mark

I lot of reviewers have complained about the side chrome clashing with the CE trim and suggested it should be blacked out. Looks good, although if I had my druthers, I would go with black chrome like the front grill surround.

- Mark
I've seen a few blacked out, I like it. It's on my to-do list. What do you think about blacking out top front lip of the hood?

Suggestion to all photographers here:

Pay attention to the location of the sun!. This a professional photographer tip. Posts #410 and #416 for example are taken with the CX in full shade, as were many others. It is difficult to make out details, colors etc. in the dark. I know we are proud and excited about our CXs, but to really show them off we need to make sure that others can actually see them. When taking a photo make sure the sun is behind you. The result will be a much more attractive photo that others can really enjoy.

Back