CX 5 at NY Auto Show

cmceleste

:
2013 CX-5
Mazda had two locations set up and both had the CX5. Upstairs the Mazda6 prototype took all the attention (which was amazing), but downstairs it was next to a 3-D children entertainment thingy which brought big crowds around the CX5. They also had a "Safety Vehicle" what seemed like it could have been a pace car of some kind. The hood was closed and I did not notice any other exterior features like the bumper what has come up, but it upgraded grey rims.
I would love to know more about these wheels. All I know is the size: 245/45R20. They fill the wheel well very nicely and looked a little wider.
Obviously they're 20" but I do not know the rest of the tire size number. Are they wider?
Also any information about these rims would be great.

Attachments

• Upgraded OEM Tire Full Car.jpg
    Upgraded OEM Tire Full Car.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 1,998
  • Uprgaded OEM Tire Rim.jpg
    Uprgaded OEM Tire Rim.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 1,402
  • Uprgaded OEM Tire Size.jpg
    Uprgaded OEM Tire Size.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,622
Mazda had two locations set up and both had the CX5. Upstairs the Mazda6 prototype took all the attention (which was amazing), but downstairs it was next to a 3-D children entertainment thingy which brought big crowds around the CX5. They also had a "Safety Vehicle" what seemed like it could have been a pace car of some kind. The hood was closed and I did not notice any other exterior features like the bumper what has come up, but it upgraded grey rims.
I would love to know more about these wheels. All I know is the size: 245/45R20. They fill the wheel well very nicely and looked a little wider.
Obviously they're 20" but I do not know the rest of the tire size number. Are they wider?
Also any information about these rims would be great.

The GT comes stock with 225/55/19, so for sure these are definitely wider. Nice to know that the 245/45/20s look like a good fit.

Brilliant wheels. Thanks for sharing.
They'd be easy to clean too.

Those wheels are the stock 2011 cx9 20 Inch rim painted in the same colour as the rx8 GT wheels :) very nice!

I like that wheel, both sizing and color of finish.

I guess it'll do a good job at setting a slow pace :p

You know, I thought the same thing when I first drove the CX-5 but after driving it again, and giving that 2.0 liter engine a chance to warm up, I'm finding that this little engine is pretty strong. I had to keep reminding myself it was a 2.0! liter engine. In fact it's subjectively stronger and more linear than the 2.3 or 2.5. The reviewer on that You-Tube Video got it right. Power is VERY linear and strong. Maybe not neck snapping strong but strong enough to throw this little CUV around in everyday driving. I'm actually thinking that the E-loop tech that will grace the new Mz6 may improve the engine's ability. Remember there is a ton of parasitic loss through the electrical system and tranny. Removing those extra stressors from the engine allows the engine to perform better. And speaking of Tranny, the new auto is unbelievable. Responsive and very, very smooth.

I tell ya this is exciting stuff for enthusiasts on a gas and car budget. Hybrids better watch themselves.

Nearly all the 4 cylinder compact SUVs have modest power and 0-60 mph times of 9pointsomething. Nobody buys them for speed.

Many of us have other whips that are far faster, when the need for speed arises.

Back