CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Well, it was many years ago, but I didn't think anything was that complicated. A lot of the dash just unclips (see first couple of pages of attached pdf - included since photos have gone from that original thread.).

However, after I started looking back at my saved links and pics, I remembered about a lot more complexity with the wiring (for reusing Mazda microphone, usb port and factory rearview camera, etc) so may have been looking through rose-tinted glasses :)

This may dissuade you, but remember, the car installers will probably not do a lot of this stuff, and simply not reuse the mic/USB/camera.

Tips threads here:

...and lastly, my "plug and play" radio harness:

View attachment 320908
I have not been able to determine if the 2014 CX5 Touring (not GT) has the bose speakers or not. It does not appear as if they do but that seems to be a determining factor on what i need in order to install this. Do you know since you have a 14 Touring as well?

The Bose audio was an optional upgrade for the Touring. So if his Touring has it, it doesn't mean yours will. Do you have a sunroof? I know in 16 the sunroof upgrade for some reason was tied to the Bose upgrade. In any event, there surely should be some marketing posted somewhere, usually on the door speakers in the front and there should be a Bose specific option or 2 in the radio settings. Part of the reason Bose does this is marketing, and I promise Bose has never, not once ever, not had their name somewhere in a Bose enabled car. :D
Bottom line: you'd know by just looking if you got Bose.

The Bose audio was an optional upgrade for the Touring. So if his Touring has it, it doesn't mean yours will. Do you have a sunroof? I know in 16 the sunroof upgrade for some reason was tied to the Bose upgrade. In any event, there surely should be some marketing posted somewhere and there should be a Bose specific option or 2 in the radio settings.
I do not have a sunroof. The speakers do not have the Bose logo on them either so I am assuming they are not.

Just a little feedback - Just did my 2015 CX5 with the lastest firmware and a Carplay clone kit from Aliexpress. As others have said the hardest bit is taking out the old USB module - In the end I put two wood screws into the two holes above the SD slot and then pulled on them to take the faceplay off the USB "box" - It was then really easy with a flat blade screwdriver to twist and unlock the clips from the front. All working really well and the Car play is nice and fast and responsive - More so than my OEM kit that went in my work Nissan leaf. Just read everything and go slow and careful doing the firmware and make sure you battery has good health as running out of juice in the 40 minute process would be a downer.

Anyone have an issue where you connect your android to your CX5 and for some reason it automatically dials your voicemail in the background? I just realized that it doesn't this often and that's why I can't hear my podcasts till the voicemail shuts off.

Still no luck finding the most up to date infotainment firmware update… 70+ 2017 Mazda cx5 anyone?!?!?

I'm looking for the latest infotainment system for my 2018 CX5. North America & Canada version.

I've already purchased the hub and the cables through Amazon but haven't installed it yet.

Would appreciate if someone could PM/share the download link and instructions. Already sent a PM to ASH8.

Thanks.

I'm looking for the latest infotainment system for my 2018 CX5. North America & Canada version.

I've already purchased the hub and the cables through Amazon but haven't installed it yet.

Would appreciate if someone could PM/share the download link and instructions. Already sent a PM to ASH8.

Thanks.
He’s who you pm

I believe I'm at 70.00.335, and after having upgraded (some time ago) I had to attach a laptop to the infotainment system to get the Mazda Tweaks to work. Is it worth upgrading past the version I'm at? I don't believe I can get back Mazda Tweaks if I do.

Last edited:
I believe I'm at 70.00.335, and after having upgraded (some time ago) I had to attach a laptop to the infotainment system to get the Mazda Tweaks to work. Is it worth upgrading past the version I'm at? I don't believe I can get back Maza Tweaks if I do.
You can if you like, but I will not. Don't want to lose the AIO tweaks.

hi everyone, I'm new in this forum, have Mazda CX-5 2016 touring AWD 2.5, and love my car, need your help about android auto, saw many videos about installing, need new firmware 70.00.100 NA N , and above, for this, i have several questions, 1) have 74.00.335 A ver. will it work on my car?(Mazda CX-5 2016 touring AWD 2.5)2) if no, could anyone send me link of downloading firmware ver. that will work on my car. one more question if anyone have information about wireless android auto, works properly or not? thank you in advance

Latest posts

Back