CX-5 Akera interior maintenance

Morning all,

just bought a new cx-5 akera or signature depending on where you are at in the world. Have no idea how to take care of/clean the Napa leather, and whatever material the console is made of.

Anyone have the same car and know how to care for it? The problem I’m having is finger prints and patches are already everywhere! On the console and on the doors. The leather already has a small stain - have no idea where from? Any preventative and care tips will be appreciated!! Thanks guys

Morning all,

just bought a new cx-5 akera or signature depending on where you are at in the world. Have no idea how to take care of/clean the Napa leather, and whatever material the console is made of.

Anyone have the same car and know how to care for it? The problem I’m having is finger prints and patches are already everywhere! On the console and on the doors. The leather already has a small stain - have no idea where from? Any preventative and care tips will be appreciated!! Thanks guys
I swear by this stuff. I have used it on all my leather for years and have been very happy with the results. Plus it smells pretty good to.

Attachments

• griot.png
    griot.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 105
The console is plastic and open-pore wood, I believe. I wouldn't use anything too abrasive, just a mild soap and water solution and a very soft microfiber to avoid swirl marks in the piano black.

The nappa leather does not need to be conditioned as it is dyed (pigmented coating), but people do apply conditioners anyway for the smell or to change the feel slightly. To clean them, I just use a very mild detergent like Woolite and distilled water. I have read that you're not supposed to use any harsh solvents or steam cleaners because they can damage the leather, so if the soap and water solution doesn't get the stain out, I'd try getting an opinion from an independent professional detailer.

Back