CX-5 Accessory must haves?

I wonder if it is possible to upgrade existing backup camera to the upgraded camera that is in the new 2021 models? I have seen that they are much better than previous years.

I wonder if it is possible to upgrade existing backup camera to the upgraded camera that is in the new 2021 models? I have seen that they are much better than previous years.
In what way are they better?

Higher quality image and what seems to be a wider view. The latter may be due to the wider display screen.

Higher quality image and what seems to be a wider view. The latter may be due to the wider display screen.
I'm guessing it's about the bigger screen. I really only use it to make sure there's nothing directly behind me before starting to back up. The view out the rear window is pretty clear. :)

I think you have to do the research to understand the resolution of the new 2021 camera and and the older camera and what limitations there may be on the older generation infotainment system we experineced in the 2014 CX5 GT and the 2016 Mazda6 Touring. My impression is that the 2021 infotainment is full HD, or at least higher res than the grainy pics from the older system.

If you successfully swap the camera, you may find the head unit does not support my perceived impression of higher res.

I think you have to do the research to understand the resolution of the new 2021 camera and and the older camera and what limitations there may be on the older generation infotainment system we experineced in the 2014 CX5 GT and the 2016 Mazda6 Touring. My impression is that the 2021 infotainment is full HD, or at least higher res than the grainy pics from the older system.

If you successfully swap the camera, you may find the head unit does not support my perceived impression of higher res.
I'm just wondering if this particular camera (link below) would be compatible with my 2020 cx5?
It seems to be an upgrade over my current camera (which sucks ass).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
The must have accessory for me are window visors, that was the first thing I got when I got the cx-5. I like the OEM ones because they're very slim and low profile.

36987572365_a8eca1d004_b.jpg

The other must have for me, that's not OEM, is changing out the interior halogen lights to warm white LEDs. Luckily I was able to reuse them from my mazda 3. Another thing I carried over was the white LED for the license plate area :)
Does anyone know where to get these? I've been looking but I can't find any!

The must have accessory for me are window visors, that was the first thing I got when I got the cx-5. I like the OEM ones because they're very slim and low profile.

36987572365_a8eca1d004_b.jpg

The other must have for me, that's not OEM, is changing out the interior halogen lights to warm white LEDs. Luckily I was able to reuse them from my mazda 3. Another thing I carried over was the white LED for the license plate area
Does anyone know where to get these? I've been looking but I can't find any!
He said they’re OEM window visors, Part #: KL2F-V3-700 (replaces KB7W-V3-700).

E2BE1659-54F8-469A-BA25-1573440A325A.jpeg

153463F6-5A4F-4D26-AB99-3F1D95350DEC.jpeg

2CDE7F42-CA46-4BE8-B8F4-D90C9E1DE0F2.jpeg

D820AA77-A148-43A6-ABD3-6B831CBB05F3.jpeg

Just bought my 2017 CX-5 GS, and I didn't get any accessories. I do plan on buying genuine Mazda accessories soon.

My list to get includes

Floor Liners
Cargo Tray
Rear bumper pad

I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedal covers. Not the deal pedal, because I do believe the floor liners cover the dead pedal. Correct me if I am wrong!

Is there anything else you think is a "Must-have" for the '17 CX-5?
I might be weird but I bought aftermarket pedals and to me it made my pedals feel like they were too close. Floor liners and cargo tray are a must! and sun visors for the front windshield. I use them mostly for when i park somewhere sunny and i want to cover my infotainment screen.

Our Mazda OEM rear rubber mat also covers the cubbies, but has a fold line that allows you to fold up the hard cubby-cover, along with the mat 'corner', and store tall things like bottles etc there in the cubby. The mat puts some pressure against whatever you then put in the cubby and stops it rattling around. I'm sure it was just serendipitous, but it ends up being a very useful design :)
I have the OEM rubber mat as well. What I would like to see is a fold line in the mat, to match the one in the cubby-cover. This would make it much easier to access the cubby.

Thank you!

@greendemon
If in the future you are in a rush, or you want to do a bit of research during odd hours of the day .. you might check out the knowledge sharing document which had the part numbers mentioned by @yrwei52 documented

Here's something I bought from an online place. It was about $15.

It really works pretty well, but if you want the most stable and level surface the steering wheel needs to be "upside down".

20210426_085900~2.jpg

I also bought this rubber rear bumper guard. It was only 8 bux!

I spent $7 on a package of adhesive pads. I used most of the package.

20210502_075947.jpg

It completely covers the edge and while not a perfect fit the rubber seems thick and durable. The adhesive pads are removeable but very sticky.

I also bought this rubber rear bumper guard. It was only 8 bux!

I spent $7 on a package of adhesive pads. I used most of the package.

View attachment 298109

It completely covers the edge and while not a perfect fit the rubber seems thick and durable. The adhesive pads are removeable but very sticky.
Interesting but they appear to wide and do not fit right, leading to possible peeling up...But best of luck.

Interesting but they appear to wide and do not fit right, leading to possible peeling up...But best of luck.
It is very secure as I said I used almost the entire package of (160) sticky pads.

I might remove it after camping season.

Back