CX-5 Accessory must haves?

:
17 CX-5
These floor mats?
https://www.westinautomotive.com/profile-floor-liners/2017/mazda/cx-5

post some pictures with them installed if you can. I am curious how the "flexible, durable, and odorless rubberized polymer" feels under your foot.

The odorless part is... a bit of a misnomer. They definitely smell like rubber mats, but it's been fading over the past few days, so I assume it'll be another few days. And honestly, it's not an obnoxious smell, but it's there.

Anyway, they're comfortable, both with shoes and bare feet. A little shinier than expected, but for the price ($66 for the front and rears & $59 for the cargo area + shipping - I have a 5% off code if you want it - I literally got it in two days, $167 shipped, including a new set of front and rear wiper blades in my order).

I am quite happy. My only complaint, and it's a really minor one, is that the rear cargo part doesn't cover the storage cubbies in the corner, but really, it's such a minor detail that I don't care, especially for the price.

And pics:

Attachments

• IMG_6886.jpg
    IMG_6886.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6887.jpg
    IMG_6887.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6888.jpg
    IMG_6888.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6889.jpg
    IMG_6889.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 37
:
Virginia
:
2021 CX-5 White

I am quite happy. My only complaint, and it's a really minor one, is that the rear cargo part doesn't cover the storage cubbies in the corner, but really, it's such a minor detail that I don't care, especially for the price.
It turns out the WeatherTech Mazda cargo mat for the Gen 1 CX5 was like this. It turned out to be very useful because we always used the cubbies for something, including bottles of wine from Costco, a liter of cooking oil or small packages. The new WeatherTech covers the little cubbies and that is annoying. Also annoying is the little cubbies are not as deep as on the Gen 1 CX5, therefore not so good for holding bottles, eve if it were accessible, and what do you do with the little triangular covers.

The Gen 2 OEM Matt has a fold up seam, so you can fold a triangular portion of the mat up for access.

Of note, both the Gen 2 OEM mat and the Gen 2 WeatherTech have little cutouts for access to the cargo hooks.

But for $66 yours look great and worth it.

:
17 CX-5
It turns out the WeatherTech Mazda cargo mat for the Gen 1 CX5 was like this. It turned out to be very useful because we always used the cubbies for something, including bottles of wine from Costco, a liter of cooking oil or small packages. The new WeatherTech covers the little cubbies and that is annoying. Also annoying is the little cubbies are not as deep as on the Gen 1 CX5, therefore not so good for holding bottles, eve if it were accessible, and what do you do with the little triangular covers.
Our cubbies hide the wheel lock key, and a single 10mm wrench (since I alway seem to lose them)

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
Our Mazda OEM rear rubber mat also covers the cubbies, but has a fold line that allows you to fold up the hard cubby-cover, along with the mat 'corner', and store tall things like bottles etc there in the cubby. The mat puts some pressure against whatever you then put in the cubby and stops it rattling around. I'm sure it was just serendipitous, but it ends up being a very useful design :)

Didn’t think of the accessories when I bought a new car.
Picking this up this week...2021 Mazda CX-5 GT PP

Ordered these:

2021 Mazda CX5, Mazda CX9 US, Canada Navigation Card TD2K66EZ1

VIOFO Dash Cam (A129 Plus Duo)

2 VIOFO Circular Polarizing Lens CPL Filter

SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card

VIOFO HK3 Acc 3-Wire Hardwire Cable

ATM Add-A-Circuit KIT

RJ11 Mirror Wire Radar Detector Hardwire Power Cord for Valentine V1 quick and easy way to connect the V1 to AUX power, but the V1 does not play well with BSM system (definitely recommend the mirror wire when considering hooking up a RD or dash cam)

Beerte Phone Holder fit for Mazda CX-5 - fit perfectly over the hazard button, but not a good fit for an otterbox.

3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats Front and 2nd Row Floor Mats

3D Maxpider Kagu Cargo Liner

Last edited: