CX-5 Accessory must haves?

I had this strange vibration on my '16 Mazda6 GT.
I installed the strut bar, and it helps a bit.
Handling? I don't have scientific evidence. It does not feel worse. That, I can say.
What vibration was it (uhm)

I had this strange vibration on my '16 Mazda6 GT.
I installed the strut bar, and it helps a bit.
Handling? I don't have scientific evidence. It does not feel worse. That, I can say.

A strut bar really isnt going to do much for a car that is already structurally rigid. If you charge down a highway on-ramp at full speed you may feel a bit of a difference, but I think sway bars would be a More effective upgrade because it will reduce a lot of the body roll without affecting on-pavement handling.

A strut bar really isn’t going to do much for a car that is already structurally rigid. If you charge down a highway on-ramp at full speed you may feel a bit of a difference, but I think sway bars would be a More effective upgrade because it will reduce a lot of the body roll without affecting on-pavement handling.

Sway bars and strut tower bar are not the same bro. A strut tower bar is a chassis reinforcement item and a sway bar is a suspension item to reduce body roll by transfering force to the other side and also can limit suspension travel. Yes an stb could reduce body roll on an old chassis or one prone to flexing, but here it's mainly to reduce metal fatigue (over time you alignments can be affected by fatigue on shock tower), help maintain alignment during heavy weight transfer and possibly help during impacts. I'm glad I had one when i went onto a curb thursday because the camber adjusters on my coilover moved but I had no damage to my shocktower the bar, pr anyother part of my suspension. Just a surprising minor bend on one pf the wheels.

Sway bars and strut tower bar are not the same bro. A strut tower bar is a chassis reinforcement item and a sway bar is a suspension item to reduce body roll by transfering force to the other side and also can limit suspension travel. Yes an stb could reduce body roll on an old chassis or one prone to flexing, but here it's mainly to reduce metal fatigue (over time you alignments can be affected by fatigue on shock tower), help maintain alignment during heavy weight transfer and possibly help during impacts. I'm glad I had one when i went onto a curb thursday because the camber adjusters on my coilover moved but I had no damage to my shocktower the bar, pr anyother part of my suspension. Just a surprising minor bend on one pf the wheels.

Yes I know. A strut bar is the thing that connects your two strut towers together within the engine bay. Its different from a sway bar. But other than very aggressive cornering and help improve rigidity while hitting curbs, are there other benefits to it? Many say its more of a cosmetic touch if your car is an already structurally rigid.

Starting off at an uphill slope.
Vibration from front-left side.
More prominent, the harder the acceleration.
Significantly better with strut bar, but still there.

Something wrong with yours. There was no vibration on mine during your described scenarios

Have you modified your 6 in any way such as different rims/tyres etc (uhm)

Something wrong with yours. There was no vibration on mine during your described scenarios

Have you modified your 6 in any way such as different rims/tyres etc (uhm)

I agree. He said the strut bar helped so I would have the front left suspension inspected.

How about some keyfob covers? I got mine so I can tell which keyfob is for which car - but they also protect keys from scratches and drop impact.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ob24BosVX6k39W8MA

ob24BosVX6k39W8MA

I looked once for my 2019 but could not find any that accommodated the removable emergency key.

I've had a similar fob for my Lexus since 2013. Not once have I had a need to remove the key. I suppose if you ever needed to use it as a weapon, you'd be screwed if you had a case. :)

I've had a similar fob for my Lexus since 2013. Not once have I had a need to remove the key. I suppose if you ever needed to use it as a weapon, you'd be screwed if you had a case. :)

I can see me impotently pointing the fob at an attacker, pushing the buttons and saying "Lock, damn you!"

You may be right. I read the reviews on Amazon about the inability to remove the emergency key and adopted it as an issue. I want one of these to keep the dirt out of the contacts, since they fob perpetually resides in my pocket.

Here's a pic with the new cover. I just realized that the second fob they gave me, the one without the cover and the one that wasn't programmed correctly is missing the hatch button. Is that right, or did they just give me the wrong key?

Mazda Key Fob Cover_20191123.jpg

Back