CX-5 Accessory must haves?

I added a third cup holder with a piece of steel attached to the inside of the chair track, works a treat! Nice addition for ~$10

View attachment 319123
oh man that's nice. A double version would be even better, for our family road trips when my wife and I both want to have coffee and water in the morning when we set out. I have a plastic double cup holder in the same place in my Miata, held by the console and floor mat. Works great in that car.

I added a third cup holder with a piece of steel attached to the inside of the chair track, works a treat! Nice addition for ~$10

View attachment 319123
It’s surely nice to have an extra cup holder at the front seat area. My question on your setup is, is it going to restrict the passenger seat forward movement since it’s attached to the seat track?

It’s surely nice to have an extra cup holder at the front seat area. My question on your setup is, is it going to restrict the passenger seat forward movement since it’s attached to the seat track?
It is!

Yeah it does restrict the seat from sliding all the way forward but that hasn't been an issue for me yet. It was the only solution I could find that didn't require any drilling. I suppose you could make the attachment bar longer and put a 'leg' underneath to support the weight instead.

Oh and for the record, its not the mounting plate that restricts the movement of the chair, only the cup holder itself.

I purchased a 2023 CX-5 PP in Soul Red on July 15th after my previous card burned up all the engine oil. I went with the Mazda floor mats and cargo mat, mud flaps, rear bumper guard, clear bra treatment and cargo area retractable cover. The sealant and scotch guard are scheduled once the dealer's wall tear down is complete. That does it for genuine Mazda accessories for me, and so far all seem of good quality and appearance.

Just picked up a 2019 CX5 Signature with 7100 mile..... anyway, just added the Fortin Evo One with Linkr LT2. Now I can remote start with my phone from anywhere or n use the OE remote to start the CX5.

I purchased a 2023 CX-5 PP in Soul Red on July 15th after my previous card burned up all the engine oil. I went with the Mazda floor mats and cargo mat, mud flaps, rear bumper guard, clear bra treatment and cargo area retractable cover. The sealant and scotch guard are scheduled once the dealer's wall tear down is complete. That does it for genuine Mazda accessories for me, and so far all seem of good quality and appearance.

Looks like the dealer talked you into a few 'extra' items?

The sealant and scotch guard are scheduled once the dealer's wall tear down is complete.

Dealer's wall teardown? What in the world are you talking about?

The first thing I buy when I get a new car is a set of cheapie fisheye spot mirrors from WalMart. Stick them on outer lower area of each side mirror. However, I think I will quit those, as the 360 camera pretty much obviates the need...

I installed the PPF on the front, bumper hood and mirrors as the Mazda pain is relatively chipped prone. Also, I ceramic coated my car.
I also installed the auto EXE front strap bar.
I installed the huskyfloor liners over the rubber Allweather mat. I find they offer better coverage less mud winding up on the OEM carpet. Also purchased OEM mud guards. Also I purchased a set INTERIOR LIGHTS INTO the fuse panel and the second set into console OUTLET with the ability to change colors. Also upgraded the Bose subwoofer with the JBL subwoofer AND AMP. Also, I tinted all front windows.

Also, planning on installing a vinyl kit (carbon fiber vinyl ) over the piano, black trim to prevent fingerprints.

Also planning to install the rubber/steel/aluminum cover for the trunk to prevent scratches when putting in and out stuff in the trunk. Planning on installing corksport sport intake WITH HEAT SHIELS and boost tube. Also, planning on installing a meth injection kit into the boost tube, Also have a JB4 ready to install. Also planning to tint the chrome hockey sticks on the side of the car with window tint & chrome front trim with window tint. Also planning to paint, the rims black. finally, plan on installing black lip kit to the rear wing.

Fortin remote start.

Finally, plan on switching out the JB four for the DR tune, depending on the Dyno results.
Also planning to do a cat delete for the second cat. I’m also considering a butterfly valve instead of a cat delete (switch in the car to open/close the butterfly exhaust cut out before the catalytic converter.

Also, planning on installing the illuminated floor sills, upper and lower grills
And possibly the course sport/JB four intercooler and piping.

Last edited:
Attached a new grill in front of the bottom grill just for the looks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I had to cut out some corners because the Dutch license plate is larger. And just to be safe, I used a few tyraps for extra security.

Grill_after_anonymous.jpg

Last edited:
Just bought my 2017 CX-5 GS, and I didn't get any accessories. I do plan on buying genuine Mazda accessories soon.

My list to get includes

Floor Liners
Cargo Tray
Rear bumper pad

I'm thinking of getting the aluminum accelerator and brake pedal covers. Not the deal pedal, because I do believe the floor liners cover the dead pedal. Correct me if I am wrong!

Is there anything else you think is a "Must-have" for the '17 CX-5?
Drive it for a while and then decide- outside of good floor mats

Last edited:
This would look good where I live since we don't have front license plate. Nice add-on, congrats!
Sorry.
It is a two-piece grill (left and right) with a hole in the middle for the license plate.
The website states: "The grill fits perfectly for a 2022 2023 2024 CX-5 (with FRONT LICENSE PLATES) front bottom grill slot".

In the reviews I read a solution (including some small pictures of the front of a CX-5 without a license plate) with two sets:
"4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but doesn't cover the front license plate.
Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2023
Color: 2022-2024 CX5 Front Grills, Verified Purchase
Before my review misleads anyone, I purchased a total of four pieces and cut two of them off to cover the front license plate area.”

I bought WeatherTech for the front only, very seldom have passengers, as we live in Florida. Sand in carpeted floor mats is a pain as you can never get all of it out. And the dead pedal is covered. $149 including sales tax and shipping.

I bought WeatherTech for the front only, very seldom have passengers, as we live in Florida. Sand in carpeted floor mats is a pain as you can never get all of it out. And the dead pedal is covered. $149 including sales tax and shipping.
Yes - We have no rear passengers either - the OE all-weather Mazda- mats were about $112 for all 4 - but the back are good because I carry tool boxes and other things that are hot or may leak - so I put those in - I think WT makes a great product , but the same thing has occured on all my mats regardless of brand,,,,The gas pedal foot heel wears thru the mat , runining its water tight function - I may reinforce my current set - I also removed the head rests in the rear row (3) as well - rvm vision is far better without that blockage -- possibly take those out if you havent already -

So far, Weathertech rear cargo liner, Mazda labeled “pucks” for the bottom of the cup holders and when it warms up, door sill protector. Eventually, a cover for the piano black on the console.

I also removed the head rests in the rear row (3) as well - rvm vision is far better without that blockage -- possibly take those out if you havent already
I replaced my outward rear headrests with first generation JDM headrests which are lower & help with rear vision while retaining rear headrests. It also makes folding the rear seats down better as the headrests don't hit the front seats as the original ones did.

Attachments

• IMG_2492.JPG
    IMG_2492.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I replaced my outward rear headrests with first generation JDM headrests which are lower & help with rear vision while retaining rear headrests. It also makes folding the rear seats down better as the headrests don't hit the rear seats as the original ones did.
I need to do those headrests. I have my rear seats folded and just carry the oem ones in case I have passengers but getting the JDM looks like a much better solution than having them oem removed.

Any thoughts on splash guards? On our Outback with the black wheel arch moldings they fit right in, but on our (possible) CX-5 Signature in Eternal Blue I think they might not look so great. And are they really necessary anyway?

Back