CX-3 Climate Control Issue

HotCX3

:
Mazda CX-3 GT
So, the only time my car blows cold air is when I set the temperature control knob to the most counterclockwise/coldest setting. That position is labeled 60 degrees. If I rotate the knob just one click towards the warm setting (should be 62 degrees per the knob), it is warm. And I don't mean warmer than the coolest setting. I mean after a couple of minutes, I am uncomfortable and have to set it to return the knob to the only cold setting again, which, of course, is too cold. It makes no difference if I have the controls set to auto. It makes no difference whether the AC is on or off. Everyone that has been in my car says that depending on the knob setting, it is uncomfortably warm, or uncomfortably cold, so it isn't just me.

I took it to the dealership today. Both the service rep and service department manager admitted that it was "wrong", but that it wasn't broken. So, is it just my car? Or does anyone else have similar problem?

IMO... time to look for another dealer.

Is this a fully automatic system or manual? I haven't looked at HVAC controls on a CX-3.

It has full auto mode. The problem still happens when in auto mode. Set the temp control knob to 62 and it blows the same warmish air as it does in manual mode. Then when I set it to the only available cold setting, the blowers kick in at maximum blast. It is just too irritating to keep in auto mode. I intend to go sit in another CX-3 in the next few days for comparison.

Never had an issue with mine. I set it on auto and adjust accordingly. Take it to another dealer. This one obviously has no clue

Back