CS Springs on Stock Shocks?

Co.CarSpotter

:
Mazda 2 Sport
If anyone is Running on CS Springs and Stock Shocks i would love to hear about the Handling characteristics, How much lower your car is, ease of installation, etc. Just any information you have about it would be fantastic.

Just be ready to get some new dampers soon, since your stock ones likely won't last long with those springs.

Not the CS springs, but I've been running a set of Manzo Performance springs on stock shock for 6 months now. All of those months were Jersey winter/offseason conditions. Just took them off last weekend. Dampening is very good, ride quality is good they havent sagged at all but have settled nicely at 23.5"F and 24"R which is exactly the ride height I am running the STF BC coilovers at. No leaks from the stock shocks.

Springs rates were calculated at approx 205F 175R (both progressive). They are a bit softer than the other widely available options including the ones you've mention. They ride nice and fit the budget well. I bought them with a 1 year warranty on them for $45 shipped for the set off our favorite online auction site. I have seen them for $79 shipped with a lifetime warranty. Not sure why the difference in price other than to hedge a bet that if they fail, the vendor will just ship you a new set. They are painted, but it's thick enough to so far stand up to Jersey salt levels ;at least for one season so far.

In answer to your exact question though; No, your stock struts will start to leak and/or get weak soon after installing a spring that lowers the car that much and being that stiff in rate. I put these on to see how long the stock struts would last on them full expecting to upgrade/ replace them with something else when/if they went to mush.

Ride quality would be iffy. A stiff spring without a contrasting dampening force is nauseating at best.

As for ease of installation, if you've never done Mac strut springs before, better find a buddy who has done them or you risk injury and/or damage to property. Our stock springs are soft but they still have energy in them and will easily take half your face off if done wrong. Installing aftermarket lowering springs can sometimes be done by hand if you are above the 75th percentile of American males in stature. Otherwise, be prepared to put them on the same spring compressor for installation.

If anyone is Running on CS Springs and Stock Shocks i would love to hear about the Handling characteristics, How much lower your car is, ease of installation, etc. Just any information you have about it would be fantastic.

I've ran this combo for the last 15K miles. The car handles surprisingly well but, as expected, the ride is a bit choppy.
The handling characteristics aren't ideal but, overall its not too bad.

I'd recommend installing a proper setup, but, I just wanted to lower my car and I'll eventually purchase a coilover setup.

Mike

Back