Corksport exhaust

I came really close to ordering one during the recent sale they had. The only thing stopping me is saving up for a house lol

Ya I'm debating if i want to save my bonus for this year or spend part of it on the exhaust ....so tempting lol

I looked into CorkSport but did the delete myself instead (for about $250) I am happy with it - have some sound and photo clips in my posts.

I have used lots of Cork Sport products over the years from my 08 speed3, 2014 Mazda6 to my 2016 CX-9 Sig. About a month ago I got the cat back exhaust and put it on. It worked great the the noise level was way too much. It was as loud as may speed3 with Cork Sports 80mm cat back. I talked with Derrick at Cork Sport and let him know. You can use the OEM center pipe and use their axel back like the 2014-18 Mazda6. The axel back works and sounds great. I also installed Cork Sports new intake for the new Mazda 6 turbo and the 2016+ CX-9. it works great. Cork Sport says there is some noise with the electronic recirculation valve. I have only heard the valve a few times and it was VERY minimal. Now I am going to get it tuned probably after the holidays. If you look at the mapping table there is a big drop off fryer 3700rpm's.

I have used lots of Cork Sport products over the years from my 08 speed3, 2014 Mazda6 to my 2016 CX-9 Sig. About a month ago I got the cat back exhaust and put it on. It worked great the the noise level was way too much. It was as loud as may speed3 with Cork Sports 80mm cat back. I talked with Derrick at Cork Sport and let him know. You can use the OEM center pipe and use their axel back like the 2014-18 Mazda6. The axel back works and sounds great. I also installed Cork Sports new intake for the new Mazda 6 turbo and the 2016+ CX-9. it works great. Cork Sport says there is some noise with the electronic recirculation valve. I have only heard the valve a few times and it was VERY minimal. Now I am going to get it tuned probably after the holidays. If you look at the mapping table there is a big drop off fryer 3700rpm's.

Thanks for the review/feedback! Always helpful to know as a future customer. So you can reuse the OEM midpipe instead of the CS midpipe, and the axle back bolts on just the same? That's great news.

Can I ask, what software will you be tuning it with?

I wish they would sell the midpipe and the axle back separate. I kinda want the midpipe but I like my muffler delete.

Hmmmmmm.....

Dang....im trying to save up for some suspension pieces right now....i saw some autoexe strut and sway bars...

Hmmmmmm.....

Dang....im trying to save up for some suspension pieces right now....i saw some autoexe strut and sway bars...

You could use the strut bar money for the midpipe. Sway bar provides better bang for your buck, and while the strut bar will make a slight difference, I think of it more as a finishing or engine bay dress-up piece. Only issue with this is paying 2x shipping for ordering sway and strut separately.

As far as tuning goes Orange Virus is one place but you can never talk to them because they don't give out their phone number. A year ago they had a CX-9 package but when there updated their web site they took it off. I wrote to them but all they told me was it would be out later this year. Cork Sport told me about DR tuned and racing. I have a phone number to them. They have tuned sky active motors but not a turbo. They did tell me they would work with me on that and it might take a couple of revisions to mail it in which is fine with me. I will probably take to Daniel next month and go over some parameters of what I want. I don't want to push the engine ten tenths like I did with my 400hp speed3. It just isn't that kind of vehicle. They may get some business out of this. I know a few people that would like to get their CX-9 to run stronger at top end. Well still a work in progress.

If Benhui86 whats the mid pipe I guess we could work something out. It's just going to sit around. With the axel back on and the intake installed I will probably start the tuning process after the holidays.

If Benhui86 whats the mid pipe I guess we could work something out. It's just going to sit around. With the axel back on and the intake installed I will probably start the tuning process after the holidays.

Please keep us posted!! Interested in seeing what the 2.5T is capable of. Also, if you have a video/audio clip of your exhaust setup with the intake, I'd love to hear it. I'm probably going to buy the CS intake but I'm still on the fence about the exhaust and how loud it might be (it sounds pretty quiet in the video on CS' website).

Definitely interested but need to hold off at the moment. If anyone else is interest definitely let it go but ill check in with you once i build up the car mods money stash a little.

I've reached out to CorkSport and inquired about purchasing just the axelback portion of their exhaust. They responded with currently they don't sell it separately from the mid pipe. However if there's enough requests from the Cx-9 community, they're willing to offer it. So if there's any other Cx-9 owner that is interested in just the axelback exhaust beside me please go ahead and just email barrett@corksport.com with your interests. They'll gather all the responses and make a call if it's worth separating the two or not.
Here's a link to their exhaust : https://corksport.com/2016-mazda-cx-9-awd-cat-back-exhaust.html

Back