2013~2016 Continental CrossContact LX25 vs Michelin CrossClimate SUV (17 inch)?

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
I was wondering if anyone owns either tire and would be willing to offer a review.

I currently have the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires and it's good but I'm looking for an upgrade.

:
CX5 GT-R
I love my LX25's. Good in every way. I have a little over 30K miles on them, now, and still have a small bit of the "S" left on all 4 tires. Considering I drive semi-aggressively and have the turbo model, that's pretty awesome! Rotated every 5k miles except for a couple of times when all wear was 100% even.

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring FWD . 2014 CX-5 GT FWD
I was wondering if anyone owns either tire and would be willing to offer a review.

I currently have the Goodyear Assurance All Season tires and it's good but I'm looking for an upgrade.

Have LX25s and am happy. Had LX20s before they came out with new version and think they were ever so slightly quieter but 25s have stiffer sidewalls and handle a little better IMHO. Still not performance tires, but the grip in the wet and smow is great and worth the compromises.

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
i had the lx20’s about halfway worn when i got 2 punctures, i replaced them with crossclimate suv.

i will say that the new michelins are louder than the half worn contis.

i liked the lx20’s and im sure the lx25s are better but the crossclimates are sportier (relatively) with better feel and quicker turn in.

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
Update (11/27):

First impression after replacing my Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires today with the Michelin Crossclimate SUV:
  1. Rides a lot higher than before but this is obvious as there is more tread
  2. Ride quality is WAYYYYY smoother over bumps and imperfections. I used to feel every single crevice of the road on the Goodyear and it was nuts. Could be that I had my PSI super high as well but I have my PSI set to 40/50 on the Michelin's and they feel perfect.
  3. Cornering/straight line performance feels the same if not slightly better
  4. Braking distance is noticeably reduced but it could be that because there is more tread as well
  5. Road noise maybe a hair louder than the Goodyears but similar
Haven't tested yet:
  1. Performance in the rain/snow
So far, I am very pleased with these set of tires. I still haven't gotten used to them or found the limits to them yet so I may update this thread once I get more miles in.

Here is my alignment spec sheet for anyone interested:

8/3/19
20190803_195217.jpg

Initial Alignment (11/27/20)

20201127_104719.jpg

Post Alignment (11/27/20)
Post Alignment.png

Last edited: