Continental Crosscontact LX25 Tires

With your slightly bigger rolling diameter, you will be going a little faster than the speedometer says, and be getting a little better fuel economy that what is reported. Acceleration will be a little slower. All subtle.
I have LX25's, and speedometer signs get my speed to the same mph well past 70, as my HUD.
murky was referring to AVC’s post that he chose bigger 235/55R19 101H LX25 tires for his CX-5.

So pulled the trigger on a set of LX25's on Tuesday, from Discount Tire; 235/55/19 101H, which are cheaper than 225/55/19, don't rub the suspension that I can tell, and only a hair difference on speedo; 70/71mph on GPS vs 70mph on speedo/cruise display. The guys at Discount Tire said they have installed 235's on many CX-5 the last 3 years, as 225's aren't that popular and more $$. There might be a slight drop in MPG. Will monitor, as I reset the counters at every fill.

Paid $831 for tires+installation+disposal, before tax. $183 each tire-only. There is a $70 rebate from Continental until Dec 31.

Got 39.6K mi out of the factory A39 (UTQG 300 AA). Hoping to get 80/85k or more out of LX25 (UTQG 740AA).

Even with Discount Tire filling them to *39 psi, there is markedly less road shock transmitted to body and steering over expansion joints and rough pavement, as compared the to A36. I know some of that is because there is full tread depth on the LX25 vs 3/32 on the A36, but the LX25 carcass seems more compliant. I plan to drop the pressure to 35psi and discern further improvements in shock isolation, vs loss of turn in.

The steering turn/response seems as sharp as the A36 (either at 7/32 or at 3/32). LX25 are noticeably quieter than the A36 on textured concrete freeways, and slightly quieter on blacktop--the A36 were very quiet on blacktop. Straight-ahead tracking seems very good--the tires don't readily follow pavement grooving.

*apparently their way to keep your TPMS from coming on with North TX Winter temp swings from 20F to 75F.

Unobtanium, be careful out there ⋯ ;)

The forecast says the low will be 1°F / -17.2°C on coming Monday 2/15 in Dallas area, whereas the previous same day record low is 15°F / -9.4°C! Not to mention it won’t be coming out of the freezing point on highs for 5 consecutive days starting from Sunday 2/14!

I had these installed on our CX5 last Saturday. Immediate impressions, they are quieter and smoother than the horrible Argus tires the dealer put on when they CPO’d it. Can’t wait to try them out in cold stuff this weekend.

With your slightly bigger rolling diameter, you will be going a little faster than the speedometer says, and be getting a little better fuel economy that what is reported. Acceleration will be a little slower. All subtle.
Actually, the trip cpmputer will (and is) showing somewhat worse MPG, as it accumulates fewer miles (3% fewer than my 2/32" A36) over a given run time or tank of gas. The trip computer reports about 2MPG lower than before (29 vs 31 MPG avg per tank), or about 6% lower. Possible some of the additional reduction is due to ambient temps; I changed tires about the same time as it got markedly colder in North Texas. I've settled on 34 PSI for now, BTW.

I never manually calculated MPG (odo miles/ refill gallons) with the A36, so I only have the trip computer comparo. As for the speedo; it reads less than 1 MPH higher @ 70MPH, as compared to GPS. And last, no detectable rubbing of the tires on the strut assy's.

Alrighty, put nearly 3k miles on these tires over the past week, in hot climates, cold climates, snow, sleet, freezing rain, ice, and warm rain - and the tires took it all like a champ. Felt confident in snow, only had 1 moment where I lost traction over ice - quick throttle release and loosening hands on the steering wheel fixed that.

These are great tires. Even my wife, who doesn't care about cars, and always buys the cheapest tires available at pep boys noticed how much better the CX-5 felt on these tires when it was her turn to drive.

Well, I did suffer a failure. 17* incline, 8" of snow. They just couldn't bite hard enough once the snow packed down, to pull me up.

I read Continental is recalling certain tires because of manufacturing defects in some tire carcasses. I haven't found any specific info yet.

Checked my tires and they don’t appear on the list so all good. These are Continental Crosscontact LX25 in 225/55r19 size.

Yep. Haven’t checked my tires yet but here’s the list:

Based on TIN plant codes on the list which are all “A3” or “1A3”, these recalled tires are only from Mount Vernon plant in Illinois by General Tire & Rubber Company. So one easier way to tell is all recalled tires are made in the USA.

Looks like only some Continental CrossContact LX 225/65R/17 102H manufactured in 06/17/18 ~ 06/30/18 (DOT date code 2518 and 2618) and 225/65R/17 102T manufactured in 08/09/20 ~ 08/15/20 (DOT date code 3320) are associated with our CX-5 with 17” tires. No 225/55R19 tires is on the recall list.

Since most people are getting Continental CrossContact LX20 or LX25’s, I believe no CX-5 owners should get affected by this recall.

Actually, the trip computer will (and is) showing somewhat worse MPG, as it accumulates fewer miles (3% fewer than my 2/32" A36) over a given run time or tank of gas. The trip computer reports about 2MPG lower than before (29 vs 31 MPG avg per tank), or about 6% lower. Possible some of the additional reduction is due to ambient temps; I changed tires about the same time as it got markedly colder in North Texas. I've settled on 34 PSI for now, BTW.

I never manually calculated MPG (odo miles/ refill gallons) with the A36, so I only have the trip computer comparo. As for the speedo; it reads less than 1 MPH higher @ 70MPH, as compared to GPS. And last, no detectable rubbing of the tires on the strut assy's.
Now with warmer weather, the trip computer is reading 29.9 to 30.3 avg per tank on my usual commute.

⋯ I've settled on 34 PSI for now, BTW.
I thought Mazda recommends 35 psi cold for factory Toyo A36 225/55R19 tires on 2017 and newer CX-5, although it’s 36 psi for gen-1 CX-5. I personally use 39 psi on my Toyo A23 225/55R19 for even wear.

Actually, larger diameter notwithstanding, I think MPG will go down, but as you said, marginally. I think that increase in power needed to get the heavier tire and larger diameter tire going will more than offset your larger rolling diameter

Actually, the trip cpmputer will (and is) showing somewhat worse MPG, as it accumulates fewer miles (3% fewer than my 2/32" A36) over a given run time or tank of gas. The trip computer reports about 2MPG lower than before (29 vs 31 MPG avg per tank), or about 6% lower.
See my post directly above

There was one particular youtube video which was referring to road noise on LX25's. I was not sure if it was some shady promotion to steer towards a different brand. Has anyone noticed road noise issue with their LX25's? I am looking to replace the OEM tiers on my 2016 CX-5 GT, I am debating between these, any suggestions?

I live in the sunbelt area with dry weather and occasional rains. I am looking for a daily driver with focus on reducing cabin noise (which is quite plenty in CX-5 2016).

SIZE: 225/55R19:
MICHELIN - Primacy Tour A/S
CONTINENTAL CROSSCONTACT LX25
GOODYEAR ASSURANCE MAXLIFE
MICHELIN PREMIER LTX

Primacy Tour A/S if price is ok for you. Otherwise Conti LX25.

I have the Primacy and they are (for me) the best tire in that size for the CX5.
Both Primacy and LX25 are good at the end of the day.

Primacy Tour A/S if price is ok for you. Otherwise Conti LX25.

I have the Primacy and they are (for me) the best tire in that size for the CX5.
Both Primacy and LX25 are good at the end of the day.
Thanks for your input. I have Michelin MXM4 on my other vehicle and i like its handling. I usually prefer changing tires at Costco and so may go with Primacy A/S when Michelin costco offer comes back.

Back