Consensus on all weather mats

:
CX9
Hey guys,

Been looking at various threads and think I have a clear idea of what many recommend on the all weather mats,

1. Weather Tech front row due to fit and wear
2. Mazda all weather 2nd and 3rd for better fit
3. Mazda rear cargo tray because it covers the rear of the 3rd row..( I love these by the way)

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks for the input!

That sounds like a great plan. I have the weathertech and in the 2nd and 3rd and it could fit better. I did get the Mazda cover for the rear and I am very happy with that choice.

Yea, the only up side I see to the weathertech in the 2nd and 3rd row is that it has a bit of lip to hold the spoodge in....does anyone know if the MedCenter Mazda on line store charges tax?

I have weather tech front, as well as the second and third. I like them quite a bit, as like you said JoeRJGR, it has that lip to hold things in better. However, I don't usually have anyone in the second row and practically never the third, so my use of them is more limited. Front Weather tech's is a no brainier, as they are ridiculously awesome with how high up the sides they go. The black matches perfectly to the other black plastics in the car.

Can't comment on the rear, as I have a semi-custom set up with a "Hatch Bag" from my old 6 wagon http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...r-CX-9-today&p=6344972&viewfull=1#post6344972 (although according to the company they do make one for the 9). This makes using the third row a little more of a chore as you have to just fold the bag out of the way, but it works perfectly for my needs (dogs, lol).

So I checked... no sales tax and free shipping at the Mazda Med Center. That makes the Weather Tech mats pretty steep. $109 + $18 = $128 versus $75.00 for the Mazda ones....$53 difference, plus they'll all match

I used WT mats up front, nothing in second row, and WT cargo liner in rear because it has higher lip and catches more liquids. I never use 3rd row seats so they stay folded.

Weather tech's here in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row, with the OEM Rubberized rear all weather mats. I researched months, and this was the best set up i could find at the time. Been nothing but happy with the purchase ever since.

I know I am being anal here, but the weathertechs have a piece the covers the middle strip between the sliders in the 2nd row. OEM does not

I know I am being anal here, but the weathertechs have a piece the covers the middle strip between the sliders in the 2nd row. OEM does not

Yup, the sure do. And the fit is quite nice against those center rails, it looks like it would catch most of anything from falling between the mat and the rail. To keep with your theme though, I'm annoyed the rails themselves looks like such a depository for crud, with only the slotted rubber to keep things out... That's a design issue though with Mazda, but you couldn't have the flat floor without it, so it's a balancing game.

When we bought our new 4Runner, we did two upgrades right off the bat. Wet Okole waterproof seat covers and weather tech mats. They're both doing the job perfectly. My car doesn't even know I have a dog and a sandy surfboard!
The lip around the weathertechs make a difference if you're muddy or spill something. I'm not sure if the Mazda ones have that lip. The Toyota ones sure don't.

Yea, the only up side I see to the weathertech in the 2nd and 3rd row is that it has a bit of lip to hold the spoodge in....does anyone know if the MedCenter Mazda on line store charges tax?

Here's what I have in my 2012 CX-9:

Front row- WeatherTech All-Weather Floor Mats ($54.95)
2nd/3rd row- WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit ($89.95)
Cargo area- Mazda Rear Cargo Tray

I chose the WeatherTech mats for the front because the FloorLiners cover every inch of carpet. I thought it would look and feel cheap if all the carpet was covered. After almost 2.5 years and 38k miles, I wish I had went with the FloorLiners in the front also. The exposed carpet around the edges stays dirty all the time. I'm probably going to buy the FloorLiners for the front which will cost $89.95. FloorLiners for all three rows costs $199.90, but they're well worth it for the quality, perfect fit and long-term durability of the material. The lip on the edge is also a lifesaver when spills or leaks happen!

The Mazda Cargo Tray, which folds with the 3rd row seatback, is great primarily because of the design. It doesn't force you to choose a rigid liner that will only cover the area behind the 3rd row (even if the seats are folded down) or a large liner that has to be removed to use the 3rd row seats! But it has a few quirks of its own, but they're definitely not deal breakers. Primarily the material used for the cargo tray is easily scuffed with heavy objects or things sliding around and it isn't very easy to clean if anything spills on it. The other issue I have is with the round plastic things used to attach the part onto the back of the 3rd row seats. They are very easy to damage, break and/or fall out. I'm missing two so far. Luckily, it is also secured with velcro so there are no functional issues so far...

If you decide to purchase the Mazda cargo tray and/or mats, I highly recommend MedCenter Mazda! I have been doing business with them via their website for almost 10 years now. All of the accessories for my CX-9 and previous Mazda6 and Mazda3 came from there. The guys there are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions via phone or email. They also have great prices, free shipping if you spend over $100 and excellent overall service. I even tried to buy my CX-9 from them (I'm only three hours away near Atlanta) but they didn't have the trim/color/options I wanted in stock. Their vehicle prices are nearly as good as their parts/accessory prices either. =)

This thread's a few months old but thought I'd offer some other options. I found these mats made by Weathertech for Cabela's TrailGear brand. They look identical to the Weathertech Digital Floorliners but cheaper than anywhere else I've looked and also have free shipping, possibly no tax depending on where you live.

Fronts - $98.99
2nd/3rd Row - $80.99

Free Shipping with random coupon codes, check out Retailmenot.com for one

(These most likely aren't actual images, but they use them anyways)
jpAAnBg.jpg

I just ordered a set and will post pictures when they arrive.

This thread's a few months old but thought I'd offer some other options. I found these mats made by Weathertech for Cabela's TrailGear brand. They look identical to the Weathertech Digital Floorliners but cheaper than anywhere else I've looked and also have free shipping, possibly no tax depending on where you live.

Fronts - $98.99
2nd/3rd Row - $80.99

Free Shipping with random coupon codes, check out Retailmenot.com for one

(These most likely aren't actual images, but they use them anyways)
jpAAnBg.jpg

I just ordered a set and will post pictures when they arrive.

Interesting...

I just got the Cabela/Weathertech mats and threw them in the car. They're labeled as Weathertech and came with Cabel's Trailgear stickers to place over top of the Weathertech emblems. The invoice listed the Weathertech part numbers as 441531 and 441532. I'm happy with them.

78f8c20dad18e246537c3093508f42af.jpg

e940e9acc437763a07315a9c6012373a.jpg

2899670baeb7e750e91e2a29bae01d05.jpg

2fd65bddc80c53829266a74db5fc98d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I see that they have to "settle" a bit like mine. Probably due to the way they packed it for shipping.

Back