Compare 2020 CX5 to other manufacturers

That's interesting.

They sure have tons of vehicles (and their detailed specs) loaded in that database!

Biggest overall advantage is at the top - price. The CX-5 competes well with luxury brand crossovers for a better price. The NX is hideous (the RDX is bizarre looking also), and the 48K MSRP for an RDX is just silly. No one is paying that.

IMO, they should sell the features of the vehicle better in the advertising. Not impressed with the multi page ad that ran recently. How about mentioning the double door seals, leather steering wheel, laminated side glass, all standard. You would not know about these things unless you pay attention to the vehicle.

One luxury trick it's missing is a cover on the underside of the hood to reduce engine noise. I sprayed noise-absorbing rubberized undercoating on the underside of the hood to perform a similar function.

My 2020 GT has under hood noise-absorbing cover, under wheel wells and under car...

One luxury trick it's missing is a cover on the underside of the hood to reduce engine noise. I sprayed noise-absorbing rubberized undercoating on the underside of the hood to perform a similar function.

So did it help or did it just kill a Saturday afternoon?
What did you use?
How does it look?
Did it add a lot of weight to the hood when trying to raise it?

I'd consider putting a layer of fiberglass material under there, but one little sag could be disastrous.

Back