Color choice - people concerned about chipping

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
I'm not saying that you shouldn't get the color you want, I'm just surprised by the number of people concerned about certain colors chipping more easily yet don't give a second thought about which colors shows swirl marks more easily. Whites will hardly show, then light silvers. Anything darker starts showing even if you hand wash and dry with mitts and microfiber cloths. This is a random car even lighter than soul red. Take a look at the reflection in the sun of any car in the parking lot.
Again, get the color you want, but I would consider visible swirl mark at least as equal importance to a color being prone to chipping.
PXL_20210111_164936535_2.jpg
PXL_20210111_164946044_2.jpg

Those swirl marks are from improper washing/drying the car. Some colors don't show them as bad (Black is the worst) but stay away from automated car washes. Learn how to hand wash and dry a car with proper materials and you'll never have swirls again. Those swirls can be easily paint corrected out too but the person would need to give the car proper care after having that done. If they continue to use automated washes then they have to live with swirls for life.

Back