Cobb APv3 - Stage 2

Outkast

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
I just got the Cobb APv3. Great device but the mounting bracket it comes with is weak. It's a thin layer of 3M tape. Fly paper is stickier! Aside from a cheap mounting bracket I'm pretty impressed. I am using a smartphone dash mount (aDURO U-Grip) until I can find something better. In some marketing photos I've seen the device mounted using an A-Pillar Bracket. Is there anyone who knows of this manufacturer?

I was able to clear 2 codes using the AP, so it's already paid for part of itself (2 less trips to the shop). 1 was able to clear a code as a result of installing the Autotech HPFP. The stock map was attempting to retard the fuel output. By installing the Cobb Stage1+Supported Intake+TIH+IC 93 OCT v231 Map this is no longer an issue. I then got a P2088 code (Camshaft Position Actuator A Control Circuit Low (Bank 1)) after installing the Stage 1 map and taking for a spin. Upon my research [thanks to the folks here] I isolated the issue to a lose fit OCV connector.

I plan to run the Cobb Stage1+Supported Intake+TIH+IC 93 OCT v231 Map for a couple of weeks to ensure of no issues.

My question to the experts here, based on my existing Mods (below) can I safely go to Cobb Stage2+Supported Intake+TIH+IC 93 OCT Map? Are there further mods needed / required?

Stage 2 Requirements:
o Fuel Requirements: 93 or 94 OCT or 98 RON fuel
o Exhaust Requirements: A Catted Turbo-Back Exhaust System or Catted Test Pipe
o Intake Requirements: A Supported Intake System, Turbo Inlet Hose, and Upgraded Intercooler
o Boost Targets: 19psi peak tapering down to 17.5psi by redline +/- 1.5ps

MODS: Cobb Apv3, Turbosmart BPV, COBB SRI, ETS TMIC, Autotech HPFP, Cobb Tuning Turbo Inlet Hose, SU Silicone Recirculation Tube, SURE M3 Track Pipe, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plug: MZR DISI (HR:6), SURE Torq R3 Rear Engine Mount, Black Tenzo Concept-9 Rims and nextmod RE-Style Rear Spoiler.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back