Chrome Trims CX 5 2017-18

:
Mazda, CX5 / 2017
I noticed there are some red dots on Chrome trims around windows. Then I saw 4 cars in Toronto Area, one in shopping mall, 2 in dealer and one in my neighborhood which all had same red dots (more or less on all Mazda CX5 2017-18). Keep in mind that Chrome doesn't rust.

https://imgur.com/a/Rh3h8um

I took it to the dealer and I was told this is called "FALLOUT" and they can wax it for free within the first year. Apparently this happens due to car delivery using trains.

Dealer fixed all the dots but now there are some scratches on top of the chrome trim in passenger side:

https://imgur.com/a/0FyhDjr

They offered me to change the part for free but the chrome part comes with that small triangle window, so the whole thing has to be replaced. I heard from people is better to leave it alone and not to be picky about small scratches since this is the original part and who knows how the glass people will install the new one.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Have the dealer replace the parts they screwed up. It's a brand new car fer Christ's sake!

Have the dealer replace the parts they screwed up. It's a brand new car fer Christ's sake!
Yeah, but when dealer's school drop-offs begin to tool with new pieces of trim, bad things happen. They've already scratched it, with all their expertise...

They must have scrubbed those parts to get the fallout or rail dust off. Thats the wrong method. There are iron remover products that work very well. Optimum FerreX is one.

OP - the dealer needs to fix this FOC (Free Of Charge).

Keep at them until it's fixed properly.

They must have scrubbed those parts to get the fallout or rail dust off. That*s the wrong method. There are iron remover products that work very well. Optimum FerreX is one.

This. Hell, even just on paint, if they don't clay properly, expect scratches galore.

Also, hope OP doesn't use auto-touch car washes because you'll just get those scratches back anyway.

Yeah, you'll get those if you live or work anywhere near a train track too.

I wish I could change them to black chrome, but as i mentioned before, the last part is attached to a window and the part comes with it. I dono if I want dealer to send my car to a glass guy who they deal with. Who knows how good they are.

And yes, dealer told me it would be free of cost but I am having second thought about sending my new car to a glass guy (I trust dealer but not the people they work with such as collision center and glass installation).

You trust the dealer? Look what that got you...

Do what you feel necessary. Glad mine doesn*t have the chrome to begin with.

Back