Check engine light after abs fuse replaced.

:
2018 cx5 gs
2018 CX5... I was having what I thought was brake pedal pulse but could have been the brakes grabbing and releasing when stopping. It was suggest4d that I pull the abs fuse and see if the problem disappeared. Well, the dash put on a pretty light show, the steering got heavy but the grabbing went away. I replaced the fuse And eventually all the warning lights went out except the check engine light. Anyone else run into this? I could buy a code reader for what the dealer wants to "diagnose and reset’ the fault.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Forgot to mention I’m in Canada....

Last edited:
Or just go to any national-chained auto parts stores such as AutoZone and they can read the CEL codes for free and give you a print out with steps of how to fix them.

Last edited:
Buy yourself an OBD2 reader that connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth, and with a free app you'll be able to read so much more than CEL Codes.

2018 CX5... I was having what I thought was brake pedal pulse but could have been the brakes grabbing and releasing when stopping. It was suggest4d that I pull the abs fuse and see if the problem disappeared. Well, the dash put on a pretty light show, the steering got heavy but the grabbing went away. I replaced the fuse And eventually all the warning lights went out except the check engine light. Anyone else run into this? I could buy a code reader for what the dealer wants to "diagnose and reset’ the fault.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Forgot to mention I’m in Canada....
Wait, isn't it under warranty?

Back