Cargo Mat suggestions?

I got my mats from mazdaparts.org which goes to a dealer in Alabama. They have free shipping on orders over $100.

- Mark

^ this is also a good option even though you already placed your order. Med center mazda is great to work with. They also have oil change kits and bulk of the Mazda Moly oil too.

I'm surprised at all of the love for the OEM cargo mat.

I think the Husky version looks and functions much better.

How could it work better?
For me, the primary attributes of a hard cargo mat are 1) coverage/protection and 2) ease of cleaning.

The Husky offers better coverage/protection, because the sidewalls are taller and there are no cutouts in the mat (like the OEM).

The Husky is also FAR easier to clean, because there aren't 500 hexagonal indentations that trap dust/dirt/mud/ect (like the OEM).

For me, the primary attributes of a hard cargo mat are 1) coverage/protection and 2) ease of cleaning.

The Husky offers better coverage/protection, because the sidewalls are taller and there are no cutouts in the mat (like the OEM).

The Husky is also FAR easier to clean, because there aren't 500 hexagonal indentations that trap dust/dirt/mud/ect (like the OEM).

Oh, so you don't use the tiedowns. That's the main reason we went with OEM.

Oh, so you don't use the tiedowns. That's the main reason we went with OEM.
I've never used the front tiedowns.
The rear tiedowns, which are fully exposed, have been used maybe 3 times since I've owned the car.
What is it that you're hauling around that makes the front tiedowns so important?

FYI...the Husky liners come with molded scribe/guide lines over the front tiedowns, which you can trim to expose the tiedowns.

I bought the Husky Liners WeatherBeater Cargo Liner on Amazon. The price was good and they offered free shipping at the time of purchase. It was well constructed and a perfect fit. It is still in like new condition two years later.

Back