Cargo Mat suggestions?

I got the one from Mazda and really, really like it. I find things slide around a lot less than the on the aftermarket ones I have had in other cars. It looks great and fits really well.
It is pricey though. Mine came in my car and luckily for me, never got charged out.

until the CX-5 changes all the discussions around floor mats / cargo mats since the GEN2 (2017) will still apply.

I think this thread would be relevant to your research:
As for the CX-9 thread I linked.. it will apply for the visual aesthetics and fitment for different manufactures.

oh I went 3D MaxPider for my 2019 GTR and it works great.

you will want the knowledge sharing document for part numbers

simply search the document for "cargo"

Last edited:
I just got the Mazda OEM rubber cargo mat (and floor mats) for my 2021. Very happy with both and the price is competitive with aftermarket if you shop around a bit.

- Mark

What about the soft Mazda mat that hooks under the rear headrests? I read about that here, seemed like a great idea to protect the back of the seats if they are folded down too. Even works if just one rear seat is folded.

I was planning to buy that one.

Soft Cargo Mat

OEM. I did buy it on Amazon for $15 less than the dealership. Hey, $15 is $15 ;) Grippy, easy to clean, notched for tiedowns and will even fold open to access the tiny almost useless triangle storage areas.

Attachments

• cargo liner.jpg
    cargo liner.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 179
OEM. I did buy it on Amazon for $15 less than the dealership. Hey, $15 is $15 ;) Grippy, easy to clean, notched for tiedowns and will even fold open to access the tiny almost useless triangle storage areas.
How well does it fold horizontally if you wish to access (fold) the under-floor area?

I liked the OEM so I bought one from my dealership when I picked up my 2021. BUT....had them throw in the rear bumper guard and front & rear splash guards as part of the deal. :devilish:

I got the Mazda one too and very happy with it. I got it from BAM (bamwholesaleparts.com online). Cheapest place around.

Just got an email back from bamwholesaleparts.com and they said the OEM cargo tray is out of stock until some time in January. No mention if their shipping is any less than the dozen other places I've tried that use the same shopping cart format.

Last edited:
Just got an email back from bamwholesaleparts.com and they said the OEM cargo tray is out of stock until some time in January. No mention if their shipping is any less than the dozen other places I've tried that use the same shopping cart format.

Obviously not much use if they're out of stock, but shipping for me (1 yr ago) was $10.

Back