Car washes - safe or not?

Bonus: The "air dry" can be fun too :)

I normally use the pressure washer and foam cannon in the warmer months. I like being able to take my time with it, but I agree that the hassle of getting everything set up can be a chore.
Yes, sir. You have to self-motivate to go thru the set-up chores. Once I get everything prepped, I’m more than ready to “get it on.” Besides, I like the looks I receive from neighbors as they pass by and see a foam-encapsulated vehicle in the driveway. 😀

Great idea. I have (in the past) taken a bucket with my micro fiber sponges and soap with me. I use the “spot free” rinse to fill the bucket part way and agitate the soap. Use remaining time to get the car wet with normal spray. Have to work with some expediency before the soap dries. Rinse off with a second spray, then flip the selector switch to Spot Free. Drive on the highway approx 5-10 minutes to air dry. Works good enough to please me.

When the weather improves, I sometimes use my power washer and foam cannon. Does a spectacular job. But such a hassle to get the hose, hookups, etc. But since I’m retired, I need something to do and always pleased with the results. In that regard, it’s worth it.
After washing I use my electric leaf blower to dry the car. Even after taking the car for a quick spin to dry it off it still has water in the nooks and crannies.

If you're going to wax the car you don't want to take the car for a drying off spin. You'll collect dust and grit on the paint and that's a no no.

After washing I use my electric leaf blower to dry the car. Even after taking the car for a quick spin to dry it off it still has water in the nooks and crannies.

If you're going to wax the car you don't want to take the car for a drying off spin. You'll collect dust and grit on the paint and that's a no no.
Right you are, sir. I have done that in the past with my gas-powered leaf blower. I was amazed at the amount of water still resting inside the roof channels. As luck would have it, I stumbled onto a relatively new electric Craftsman blower at a garage sale. That’s easier than lifting the gas-powered model above your shoulders to dry the roof.

Back