C1278 Anti-Lock Brake Module Code and others

Hi everyone. My 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD had what I think is the Traction control light come on a few days ago. It is the car with the two squiggles under it. My wife drove it and it was on the entire day. When she got home, I went outside and cranked it up and there was no light. I ran my computer checker and found three codes that had a status of stored:

C144c TPMS/PATS Code
C144d TPMS/PATS code
C1278 Anti-Lock Brake Code.

Again, all stored, no lights and everything seemed fine. Today (about 3 days later) when I crank the car, the light is on again and stayed on the entire time until I arrived at my destination and got out. Came back a few hours later to return home, cranked it and again no light.

All these codes seem to point to toward something to do with the Steering Angle Sensor and a quick search seems to mention resetting it after battery removal, wheel alignment and some other things. Nothing has been done to this car in almost a year with regard to any of those things. Been a long time since it was serviced.

Any idea what is going on? Steps to troubleshoot and try to find the problem? Two things to note. Both times the light came on was when I cranked up the car in my driveway when the car was sitting out in the hot Florida Sun and I have had a tire inflation sensor light that has been on for over six months due to dead battery on one of the pressure sensors.

Thanks for any insight!

Back