Brake pad question

:
2017 CX-5
Has anyone swapped the original brake pads with a performance brake pad? I’m due to replace in a few months. Looking for something better than the stock pads.

Lots of threads on this subject here lately.
Maybe try a search on this site and see what you can find?
Good luck.

@Vinipizz
Myself and others are often hesitent to simply recommend <Product name> for <what do I buy?> questions because we are not you. We don't know if you have a speficic terrain you drive your car in, we don't know if you pull a trailer, we don't know if you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, we simply don't know enough to make a recommendation. Heck look at the dozen or so thread for floor mats and you can see even the most simply product garners strong opinions and emotions.

So as @Buzzman12 has eluded to there are PLENTY of discussion about what people have picked and why. Maybe those use cases fit your use case, maybe not. But now you have some information as to what to look for and how to make a decision for YOU and YOUR vehicle.

Sometimes the search function of the forum can be daunting.. let me help you.

this was an interesting conversation on big brake conversion

are you trying to address brake fade?

if you will be doing this replacement yourself (or maybe by a 3rd party) make sure you or they understand the electronic parking brake has a special method to get it IN and OUT of maintenance mode.

ok that should get you started.

Has anyone swapped the original brake pads with a performance brake pad? I’m due to replace in a few months. Looking for something better than the stock pads.
I'm on the Akebono ACT Ceramic pads and there's nothing special about them IMO. Definitely a low dust pad, not that great in the wet conditions and stopping isn't as good as OEM but not bad by any means. Most people seem to recommend the Raybestos Element3, so maybe you can try that as it appears to be a more aggressive pad being hybrid (semi-metallic & ceramic) since you're after performance.

Aside from that, this link might help get you started but like with anything, take it with a grain of salt and do more research as well. Definitely shop around on Rock Auto for a lower price but expect to pay for shipping costs.

https://www.buybrakes.com/mazda-cx-5-2016/brake-pads

1607058661140.png

Back