Brake Fluid Change Interval 2018 CX-5 FWD

:
Mazda
Just came back from the dealership today after an oil change and tire rotation. During the time I was there, the salesman tried to upsell me on the 30K service with premium oil conditioner, fuel additive cleaner, crankcase cleaning service, battery cleaning service, brake fluid exchange service and A/C odor treatment service which costs close to $1000. I declined all those services but the guy did mention my brake fluid is a little dirty, The vehicle is 27 months old and has 22,200 miles. I checked the owner's manual and it says to inspect the fluid. I guess my question is, when is it recommended to change it. Should I receive a second opinion? I have no intention of returning back to the dealership.

Thanks.

Solution
Just came back from the dealership today after an oil change and tire rotation. During the time I was there, the salesman tried to upsell me on the 30K service with premium oil conditioner, fuel additive cleaner, crankcase cleaning service, battery cleaning service, brake fluid exchange service and A/C odor treatment service which costs close to $1000. I declined all those services but the guy did mention my brake fluid is a little dirty, The vehicle is 27 months old and has 22,200 miles. I checked the owner's manual and it says to inspect the fluid. I guess my question is, when is it recommended to change it. Should I receive a second opinion? I have no intention of returning back to the dealership...
Yeah, the hole is for pushing the disc off. It helped on the rears. On the fronts, they moved immediately, I probably could have knocked them loose with my palm. Overall the fronts seemed to have been in the car half as long as the rears. Front to rear don't seem balanced in terms of robustness and longevity. Maybe they are balanced for performance, safety, and/or weight optimization.

I suppose in an emergency stop you need the fronts to be more robust than you do the rears.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Mazda dealer says every 40k miles but keep an eye on it. If it looks dark have it changed. This dealer has their Tech take a video of what they've done and shares it with you
For comparison BMW recommends every 2 yrs or 30k miles.

Upvote 0
Back