Brake/Caliper Corrosion on 2016 CX-5

Did some online research
The first two are '21 CX5s that were driven for 15k mi in two-three years, that's exactly the issue that I have right now with my current '21
The second two are '20 CX5s, the last one being pretty scary

NHTSA ID Number: 11543184
Car with 15,000 miles needs a front and back brake job. Front rotors are rusty and chipping. Brake pads are chipping and front end has vibrations when brake pedal is applied. Back brakes are not as bad but will need repair soon. 15,000 miles on a set of front brakes pad and rotors is unacceptable, rust and chips should not happen with a new 2 year car. This is a safety concern. Car was in for oil change an tire rotation when problem was found. I believe brakes should last for at least 25,000 or more. This is a possible defect in materials or engineering. This should be looked into and recall acted upon.

NHTSA ID Number: 11551886
I have had this cc-5 for less than 2 years less than 16,000 miles on it and the rotors on the break are completely rusted! I had a Corolla for 10 years never had this issue before. Brought it to the dealer quirk Mazda in Quincy MA and they refuse to take accountability that this vehicle should not be having these issues and they want to charge me $800 to replace. The service manager here was nasty and rude. I am so beyond disappointed that they refuse to make this right. I saw online so many people with the same issue with this vehicle and seems like the dealers do nothing. I bought this vehicle brand new and should not have these issues.I want someone to look at this and do Justice. I will never buy a Mazda again as this seems like a scam.I fear driving now because every time I hit the break the car stalls and I feel like I am going to hit the car in front of me. Mazdas are a scam and cheaply made with horrible customer service.

NHTSA ID Number: 11536834
My car only has 32000 miles on it and I was told that I need new brakes and calipers. My car is making grinding and creaking noises when I back up, stop or get into it. Because of these brake issues it feels like the car is taking longer to stop. I have never had a car that needed this extensive of a brake job at 32000 miles. This seems excessive.

NHTSA ID Number: 11360368
BOUGHT A MAZDA CX5 JUNE 2020 AND IT WAS INVOLVE IN A ACCIDENT SEPT 17TH 2020 DO TO BRAKE FAILURE. MY MOTHER WAS DRIVING THE VEHICLE AND ATTEMPTED PARKING IN A APARTMENT COMPLEX WHEN THE VEHICLE FAILED TO STOP AND COLLIDED WITH THE FACILITY 20FT IN FRONT OF THE PARKING SPACE. AT THE INCIDENT, I THE OWNER, FOUND 3 DAMAGE ROTORS WERE THE FLAW CAME FROM HEAVY GRINDING AT THE CALIBER (SEE ATTACH PHOTOS). WITHIN THE CALIBER'S ALLOY YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE CHIPPED ALLOY PRODUCED FROM A FLAW & THE ALIGNMENT OF WHERE IT GRINDS THE ROTOR (SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS). A WITNESS STATED SHE WAS PRESENT DURING THE TIME OF THE COLLISION AND A POLICE REPORT WAS TAKE FROM THE WITNESS. I CAN PROVIDE PLENTY OF MORE PICTURES AND VIDEOS TO EXPLAIN THE GEOGRAPHIC AND DEMONSTRATE VIA VIDEO THE FLAWS AT THE COLLISION. I'VE ATTEMPT CONTACTING MAZDA FOUR TIMES BUT THEY CONTINUE TO PLACED THE BLAME ON ME "FOR BAD DRIVING DAMAGING ITEMS THEY CONSIDER TEAR AND WEAR PRODUCTS (ROTORS AND CALIBERS)" I EXPLAINED I ONLY HAD THE VEHICLE FOR 3MONTHS AND ITS THREE ROTORS WITH SIMILAR DAMAGE. YET THEY TOLD ME MY INSURANCE MUST FIND THEM AT BLAME. MY INSURANCE APPRAISER STATED THEY WILL NOT GO TO THAT DISTANCE; THEY JUST FIX OR PAY OFF THE LOAN. I AM FUSTRATED! YOU ALL ARE MY LAST HOPE! GOING THROUGH MY INSURANCE WILL CAUSE ME A DEDUCTABLE AND AT FAULT BLAME. GOING THROUGH MAZDA IS INSULTING THEIR PRODUCT, YET I FIND THIS FRIGHTING BUT IT'S THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONDUCT FURTHER RESEARCH TO WHY THE ROTOR/CALIBER WENT BAD IN SUCH A SHORT SPAN. EXPLAINING! EVEN IF I AM TO BE BLAMED, FOR THE INCIDENT. WHAT ABOUT THE PRODUCT? I ONLY OWNED THE VEHICLE FOR THREE MONTHS. WITHIN A LITTLE OVER 3,000 MILES. PLEASE HELP

Most of these sound like people who didn't maintain their brakes. They are wear items, and if you ride the brake pedal, or accelerate heavy then slam the brakes on, they will wear very fast.

Rust happens where every salt is applied to the roads, or sea spray is near. Driving seldom will also very quickly put rust pits into iron rotors. Regular driving is needed to wipe rust off the disk surface.

Most of these sound like people who didn't maintain their brakes.
It is natural and totally expected that rotors rust more in salty/wet conditions
It is not natural and not expected that other cars don't have this issue while CX5 rust complaints are all around
For example, I explored RAV4 complaints and I don't see a single one mentioning grinding noises, rust or brake pad replacement at 15k mi
That indicates that CX5 design is bad, whether it's sufficient for a recall is disputable
Unfortunately no one checks if pads wear unevenly, if they do - it should be recalled

It is natural and totally expected that rotors rust more in salty/wet conditions
It is not natural and not expected that other cars don't have this issue while CX5 rust complaints are all around
For example, I explored RAV4 complaints and I don't see a single one mentioning grinding noises, rust or brake pad replacement at 15k mi
That indicates that CX5 design is bad, whether it's sufficient for a recall is disputable
Unfortunately no one checks if pads wear unevenly, if they do - it should be recalled
There were FOUR complaints there. I drive maybe 100 miles a month. In salt country. I have no issues with the disks on my 2016. I absolutely did have issues on two Subarus I owned. And I drove those daily.

Back