Bought 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD! $1000 off MSRP. Dealers selling for above sticker?

I'm not sure why people expect a price significantly under MSRP for a brand new model hat has barely hit the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Because that's how people are. You have to get a deal. Anyone who pays MSRP is an idiot. (Not how I think).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The MID plus actual analog tach and speedo make for a much more readable display than the set up on the CR-V. Again, I make these claims based on my test drives of the 17 CX-5 yesterday and the 17 CR-V earlier this year. And the one simple info button on the CX-5 makes it much easier to access vital information than having to fumble with the ridiculously and distracting tiny buttons on the (cough, cough) 2017 Honda CR-V. This is just one of many examples of how the CR-V seems like it was rushed to market, while the Mazda team took a bit more time to ensure that they didn't deliver a compromised product.

I agree that Mazda approach to their infotainment and controls are well thought out. I credit this to Mazda's maniacal focus on Human Machine Interface (HMI) and the focus on the primary task at hand - driving the car.

I don't know if Honda's poor interface is due to them rushing to market or that they just missed the boat. After all, who in their right mind would have removed a volume knob. I'm glad that it has back in their 2017 model.

I paid MSRP on a 17 red GT with the premium package. We wanted all the features from the PeP and activsense package and the memory seat was a mandatory requirement for me as my wife and I share the car quite a bit. The GT was the only trim that hit all of our requirements so that's what we chose.

Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge

Wouldn't it just display whatever you left it at like the 16 does?
Any pics of this 17 owners?
Engine coolant temperature gauge is only available in Type A instrument cluster featuring Multi-information Display on 2017 CX-5. This means only GT trim or Touring with i-ActivSense Package gets it. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_9891.PNGIMG_9892.PNG

Didn't mean that I was referring to you saying "it will usually display running mpg". Does it default to that or stay where you left it?

Engine Coolant Temperature Gauge

As you can see, a driver of a 2017 CX-5 with MID most likely will use a Trip A or Trip B odometer display with current MPG gauge; or i-ActivSense display with Mazda Radar Cruise Control engaged. Very few will use Maintenance Monitor display with Coolant Temperature Gauge while driving.

I definitely prefer a dedicated coolant temperature gauge like Honda CR-V.

I thought I wanted a temperature gauge...Until I didn't have one. "Gotta have gauges! All of them!" But now? All I really need to know is: is it warm? All my cars have always had temperature gauges. And when I really think about it...One time in 30 years did having an actual temp gauge help me when an old bad car I had started over heating. And that was a long time ago
So, meh...I'm fine not having it.

Just drove off a 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD. Really appreciate all the resources provided by this forum. Here are the tidbits for those interested.

The hunt:
The dealer I purchased two new Miata from in 2013 would not budge on MSRP. The sales manager even said "I've been at Mazda for 14 years and can tell you no dealers in Northern CA will discount, in fact many are listing for above MSRP". (screwy)

My local dealer happened to update their site today with the 2017 models, so a quick call got me $500 + another $500 from loyalty. I didn't want to haggle as TrueCar listed $205 off and the invoice is $28003 for MSRP $29235. Though I'm curious to see the discount members here will get.

I opted for the $780 PEP package, which I think is a great deal. Another $2240 more for Grand Touring only gets you 19'' wheels, real leather, auto LED, and lane changing alert.

PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PACKAGE $780 + $300 for Machine Grey
- Auto dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
- Automatic On/Off Headlights
- Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers
- Bose 10-speaker audio system with Centerpoint2 Surround Sound with AudioPilot
- Mazda Navigation System
- Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade
- Power liftgate

Total price:
MSRP $29235 - $1000 + $2665 tax + $322 lic + $80 doc = OTD $31302

I'm in Northern California. What dealer did you buy from, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

You sure? my 16 is a touring with everything, and it's the primary reason we are upgrading. Do it right the first time.

My progression from Sport to (eventually) GT has confirmed (at least to me) that doing it right the first time is probably the best way, especially for a sub 50k vehicle (including options).

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I agree, budget withstanding.

I traded my 2013 CX-5 Touring AWD w/moon & Bose and tech package for a 2016 CX-9 GT AWD.

I had my eye on a 2016 CX-9 Touring w/Premium Package, but for the small jump in price, the GT with all safety features, HUD, and other items, I figured spending the extra $$ was worth the investment over time.

Yrwei: Did you not understand the OP's question? I ask because you certainly didn't answer the question asked. I don't know the answer yet. How about anyone else?

Engine coolant temperature gauge is only available in Type A instrument cluster featuring Multi-information Display on 2017 CX-5. This means only GT trim or Touring with i-ActivSense Package gets it. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 216211View attachment 216212

Regarding the question that Yrwei didn't answer about the MID staying on the last selected screen, I can answer that based on a second test drive. Yes, it does. So, if the MID was last on the temp gauge option when the car is shut off, it stays on the screen so long as one of the active safety alerts is not triggered, then it reverts to that selected screen option.

Yrwei: Did you not understand the OP's question? I ask because you certainly didn't answer the question asked. I don't know the answer yet. How about anyone else?

Hard to get a dealer to be below MSRP on a car that just released. I was below MSRP based solely on rebates. I did however get about $700 over value on the trade of my early 2014 GT it's tech. The fact that I paid MSRP is great because they are going for 1.5k over in the Pacific Northwest.

Hard to get a dealer to be below MSRP on a car that just released. I was below MSRP based solely on rebates. I did however get about $700 over value on the trade of my early 2014 GT it's tech. The fact that I paid MSRP is great because they are going for 1.5k over in the Pacific Northwest.

Where did you buy it from. I got it from near king county for close to invoice

Sent from my cell phone

Latest posts

Back