Bosch Filtech Premium oil filters $3.55 Amazon

Just as well. The Mazda filter doesn't have an anti-drainback valve. That's nice because the way the filter sits, it holds the oil with gravity. When you do the change, you can just pour the oil out of the filter instead of it dribbling out over days.

Also the Mazda filter has a higher bypass pressure than most. That makes me skeptical of aftermarket filters that purport to work in other makes/models as well, especially when they include the anti drainback valve that Mazda doesn't and which is unnecessary in our cars.

No idea why Amazon is doing these steep discounts lately. Fully stocked up now on oil filters for my CX5 and Odyssey (as well as my lawn tractor) for years to come. Even got 5 pairs of Bosch wiper blades for the Odyssey for less than $30! They are the cheaper Direct Connect line but for that price I couldnt pass it up.

FWIW, its on again at the moment: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Still wouldn't get this one :)

The following is the only one I know besides OEM built specifically for our SkyActiv engines. It's actually at a pretty good price right now at $6.17:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Viewed the What other customers are viewing section and saw this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Good alternative to the OEM oil. Essentially same maker and with moly.

Idemitsu makes Mazda Moly? Is this similar to or same as Mazda moly?

Yes they are the makers of the OEM oil with Moly.

Not 100% sure..but pretty sure the OEM stuff is the same except in Mazda OEM bottles. Sort of like BMW fuel injector cleaner is merely Techron repackaged.

Yes they are the makers of the OEM oil with Moly.

Not 100% sure..but pretty sure the OEM stuff is the same except in Mazda OEM bottles. Sort of like BMW fuel injector cleaner is merely Techron repackaged.

Why doesnt my Mazda dealership use Moly additive oil? They use regular synthetic, and then on the receipt its rung-up as Bulk Oil which makes it sound like conventional oil.

Im tempted to buy Moly myself and have them use it next time.

Why doesn*t my Mazda dealership use Moly additive oil? They use regular synthetic, and then on the receipt it*s rung-up as *Bulk Oil* which makes it sound like conventional oil.

I*m tempted to buy Moly myself and have them use it next time.

Really depends on the dealership but in short...cost.

My particular dealership offers Bulk Castrol, Mazda with Moly, and Royal Purple. Another nearby only uses Castrol Bulk.

Really depends on the dealership but in short...cost.

My particular dealership offers Bulk Castrol, Mazda with Moly, and Royal Purple. Another nearby only uses Castrol Bulk.

Do you recall what they charge for each oil type?

So, I'm guessing it's just bulk synthetic Castrol oil then. I guess that works.

Do you recall what they charge for each oil type?

So, I'm guessing it's just bulk synthetic Castrol oil then. I guess that works.

Imho, any 0w20 oil will work. Whats more important is adhering to the the recommended oil change interval outlined in the manual.

Back