BlueTooth name display for incoming calls

tex2670

Grand Poobah
I have a 2012 GT with nav. I have about 20 names saved in the nav phone book that I uploaded from my iPhone. What's weird is that, no matter which of those contacts calls me, the nav displays the FIRST name in my phone book, even if a different contact is calling. Anyone else have this problem--or a solution??(uhm)

Thx all.

I have a 12 GT with nav, and mine works fine, I would delete and reload the phone book and see if that helps. I am using a droid, I dont know if that makes a difference or not. Good luck!

Update--system is still doing this. I just spoke to the service dept at John Kennedy Mazda in Conshohocken, PA. They have seen this issue before, and have communicated with Johnson Controls, who makes the BT system, but as of now, there is no fix. :(

I have a 2012 GT with nav. I have about 20 names saved in the nav phone book that I uploaded from my iPhone. What's weird is that, no matter which of those contacts calls me, the nav displays the FIRST name in my phone book, even if a different contact is calling. Anyone else have this problem--or a solution??(uhm)

Thx all.

Did you ever get this issue situated? I'm experiencing the same problem.

Seeing the same issue. Have tried a couple of phone book reloads to no avail. When you say it was sporadic, so you mean it just corrected Itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seeing the same issue. Have tried a couple of phone book reloads to no avail. When you say it was sporadic, so you mean it just corrected Itself?

It doesn't correct itself. Sometimes it displays the correct number/name, sometimes not. Admittedly, it's hard to monitor because it's my wife's daily driver, so I don't get to see it in action too much. I'm not holding out hope for any fix--if they haven't put out a TSB in 3 years, I don't expect one.

Thanks. I ended up clearing both the navigation phone book and the voice recognition phone book, then loaded up the names I needed into the voice recognition via 'import contact', so my wife can use voice commands to call out. Achieves the same thing as loading the navigation phone book and voice tagging. For incoming, because the navigation phone book is empty, now it displays the number, which she usually knows, whereas before it was always showing the first name in the list, for any number. Argh.

I have the same problem and thought it was because I had too many contacts on my android phone. Is there a limit in the cars memory for amount of contacts

I have the same problem and thought it was because I had too many contacts on my android phone. Is there a limit in the cars memory for amount of contacts

There is a limit--I'm not sure what it is. But I only uploaded a very limited number of contacts--only those I thought my wife truly would need in the car.

Mazda 6 2014 Bluetooth does not show contact name with incoming call phone number even though it is in my contact list. Names display when I make an outgoing call. Mazda says it is a Bluetooth issue. I called the Bluetooth customer service and they said to check the list of phones on their compatibility chart. Not all the features are available with every phone. I have T-Mobile and have not found any affordable phone that they offer on the compatibility list! How is the technology today not able to connect with each other!

Back