Best Engine Belts for CX-5?

You might price out OEM Mazda belts from an online dealer vs other brands.That's what I'll probably do when the time comes.I will say that despite their supposedly good reputation,from past experience,Gates brand belts dried out and cracked within a couple years.In conversation, the parts manager at a local auto parts store at the time said the same thing.So they are no longer a consideration.For me, OEM Mazda,Bando or Contitech would be my first choices.Had good luck with Dayco in the past also.Don't know how they are now.Just my experience.

OEM belts really weren’t much more than aftermarket. I think I spent an extra $20 on OEM vs competition. Worth way more than the hassle of having to replace a potentially inferior belt early.

What is the preferred belts for the 2.5? I,m doing 100K service, mine are original
Remember there’re 2 belts, a serpentine belt for alternator and AC compressor and a stretch belt for water Fhpump. You should consider replace both belts at 100K miles to save your labor cost or time. Also check the serpentine belt tensioner for any sign of leak.

Replaced both belts with Gates and a Gates belt tensioner on my 2014 CX-5 when i resealed the timing cover to fix that annoying oil leak the 2.5L gets. Used to be a Tech at a Mazda dealer. I always noticed the OEM belts wore out quickly and the stretch belts developed the dreaded belt squeal sooner than later IMO.

I've not replaced any belts on any of my Mazdas but in the past I've used Goodyear Gatorback belts on my truck and other vehicles. Good quality and long lasting.

I changed my belts with Mitsuboshi brand, they are made in USA vs the original Mazda made in china ones. Mitsuboshi are OEM on a lot of asian makes, second choice would be Continental or Bando.

Any of the above brands will serve you well.

I changed my belts with Mitsuboshi brand, they are made in USA vs the original Mazda made in china ones. Mitsuboshi are OEM on a lot of asian makes, second choice would be Continental or Bando.

Any of the above brands will serve you well.
Say what you want, but I've run Stens belts on my Xmark, and they just break. The no name china belt lasted an entire season and only died because I cut it off because it got thrown when I hit a stump and ended up wedged under the main drive pulley.

Never heard of a Stens belt. Is there some connection with Stens and the Mitsuboshi brand mentioned?

Never heard of a Stens belt.Is there some connection with Stens and the Mitsuboshi brand mentioned?
Mitsuboshi Belting, not to be confused with Mitsubishi Motors and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, is a well-known Japanese belt manufacture since 1919. Not sure about Stens belts though.

Back