Best all season tires for 225/65/17?

Hi, you can look at rirerack.com and review tires including their tire test and go from there.

My 2017 CX-5 GS (Touring) OEM tires are almost out of tread and will need to be replaced.
Just wondering which tires I should go for?

I'm currently looking at the following tires but unsure if I should pull the trigger on these.

Bridgestone - ECOPIA H/L 422 PLUS

Tire Recommendations?

Look at the Tire Ratings Charts from Tire Rack for Crossover/SUV touring all-season category on 225/65R17 tires in the link, and Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus is rated pretty low.

Michelins cost more for a reason. Just bite the pillow and do it. You won't be sorry.

Michelins cost more for a reason. Just bite the pillow and do it. You won't be sorry.
Higher price doesn’t guarantee better product. Look at the Tire Ratings Charts from Tire Rack on Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season tires:

713A93F1-885E-4923-83E7-675B485197CF.jpeg

Michelin Premier LTX is ranked pretty low and Michelin CrossClimate² has “640 B A” UTQG. Try to find a tire with poor “B” rating on Traction nowadays.

Heard some claims that Michelin tires are rounder (weight balanced). Hence, easier to balance once they are mounted. I have no data to support that.
Personally, I don't pay the extra.
I also go by owners' reviews/ratings on tirerack.com, and choose one that fits my needs.

Keep in mind that an owner who rates his or her tires may have previously had crap tires to compare against the tires being currently rated. Yes, some owners have driven on many types over the years but tires used 10 years ago are typically not the same as newer models. Tire rack does compare a few tires to each other and it is worth looking at those comparisons but Consumer Reports has dozens of tires tested by an outside tire-testing company. I have typically reviewed their ratings and Tire Rack's before buying.

Heard some claims that Michelin tires are rounder (weight balanced). Hence, easier to balance once they are mounted. I have no data to support that.
Personally, I don't pay the extra.
I also go by owners' reviews/ratings on tirerack.com, and choose one that fits my needs.
When I was in college, I worked in a tire shop. Consistently, Michelins required much less weight to balance them than any of the other brands, including Pirelli, Goodyear and BFGoodrich. And, our complaints on the Michelins were nearly non-existent.

When I was in college, I worked in a tire shop. Consistently, Michelins required much less weight to balance them than any of the other brands, including Pirelli, Goodyear and BFGoodrich. And, our complaints on the Michelins were nearly non-existent.
I used to trust Michelin’s and was getting Michelin tires most of time. But I had 2 blow-outs on Michelin’s, and Michelin refused to fix the damages caused by that. And I had another set of Michelin’s which developed dry rots on the sidewall, and Michelin refused to do anything on them either. Not blindly to trust Michelin’s anymore, especially with their much higher prices. Trust specs、reviews、and test results.

Or, instead of trusting what some random Internet surveys says, trust the personal experience gained after installing literally tens of thousands of tires over the course of several years.

I'm a Michelin man for life.

Back