Automatic Zoom on Nav

:
Ft Worth
:
2021 CX9 Signature
Is anyone else’s Automatic Zoom on the Nav just as terrible as mine? Mine constantly zooms in to 300 ft all the time! It doesn’t matter if I’m navigating or just driving with no Nav destination... it zooms itself in to 300 ft regardless of speed (like the Nav manual says it’s supposed to do).

I never noticed that on my 2020 GT, seems like it only zooms when there is an approaching turn or freeway exit.

Weird. Maybe mine is not working right. Having Auto Zoom is a great help, and a feature I specifically wanted in a Nav system. As I’ve been driving more I’ve been experimenting with the feature and I’m pretty certain mine just parks at 300’ Zoom level all the time! It’s so worthless and annoying!

Maybe I should take it in?

Is there a way to verify the latest Nav software drop and what version my system is on? Perhaps I need an update?

Can anyone confirm that their Nav screen, with Auto Zoom selected, changes scale with speed?

Does your NAV allow you to change the scale by rotating the control knob? Then it resets itself back to 300 ft? If so, that’s not how it should work. You may have to have someone at Mazda check that out. Mine zooms periodically as sticker bush stated above. But it returns to whatever scale I had it set to before the zoom.

It’s currently disabled, so I manually zoom all the time. Not a huge deal, but I need to get it over to the dealer for a look see.

Back