Autocross shocks

Novot

:
MSP, miata
Hey miata autocrossers:
I've got an E-stock miata that is in desperate need of shocks... what do y'all recommend? I use it as a daily driver, too -- I've heard Koni's were the way to go for auto-x; what do y'all think?

Once you go Koni, you can never go back. They require you to drill out your shock tops to 12mm from the oem 10mm. Go with KYB AGX 8-way adjustable shocks...lifetime warranty, cheaper than the Koni, and better than the Koni.

Go to www.miataforum.com or look around on www.miata.net for more comments / reviews.

I have some JDM HKS Hiper damper for sale $900.00, brand new never installed..

I just bought a new set of new KYB AGX's from ebay for $320 shipped. They were $100 cheaper from Ebay than I'd seen them anywhere else. I've been very impressed with their abilities, and for the price, you can't beat em. Koni's are nice, but they are a bit pricey. As to which one's are best? I've heard mixed feelings on that one. Koni's have the advantage of rebuildability and lifetime warrantee.

As I said earlier...the KYBs have a life-time warranty too.

Shocks are a legal swap item in STOCK class in both SCCA (USA) and ASN Canada FIA (Canada) autoslalom (Solo II) rules.

B.L. Zebop said:
As I said earlier...the KYBs have a life-time warranty too.

From what I understand, however, the advantage of the Konis is that they can be revalved to match spring rates if you decide to change...and the KYBs cannot.

Peace...(hippy)

Yah...what they said.

I am going for the KYBs just because I don't want to spend $800+ for the Konis and personally fear modifying any of my stock parts as of yet to fit the Konis.

KYB all the way 4 me. :)

How are Bilstein's compared to the KYB's? I've got a friend who drives an FSP Super Rabbit and swears by them...

Back