Auto Headlight and Wiper Retrofit

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Seeking wisdom. 2017 CX-5 Touring, no packages.

I installed a new wiper stalk (KS02-66-128) and headlight stalk (BALN-66-122, Fog Light Switch (W/Auto Headlights)). I don't have fog lights installed yet but it's on the roadmap. I removed the cover under the windshield behind the mirror and confirmed rain/light sensor is present and wired.

I used FORScan to change the following lines:

726-01-01
  • from
    7567 E168 D82C
    to
    F567 E168 D8AC.
I didn't change them, but 726-02-01, 03-01, and 04-01 changed
  • from
    0030, 0031, and 0032
    to
    FF2F, FF30, and FF31 respectively.
7B7-01-03
  • from
    0028 5610 50
    to
    0028 9210 8C.
Upon changing 726-01-01, I hear a couple of clicks.
Upon changing 7B7-01-03 I can see auto headlights and auto wiper settings in Mazda Connect.

Prior to FORScan changes, when new stalks set to auto, headlights were ON and wipers were Intermittent. After FORScan changes, when stalks set to auto, headlights are OFF and wipers are OFF no matter lighting or wetness conditions.

Not sure if it matters, but before, when headlight stalk set to ON, CarPlay would switch to dark mode. After, when headlight stalk set to ON, it stays in light mode even though setting is set to automatically flip to dark mode.

My goal is automatic headlights and wipers. What am I missing?

IMO you're going through a lot of trouble for the auto wipers. I have them in my CX and because of the way they work, I disabled them.

On the other hand, I do like the auto headlights.

Where did you come up with the codes for the changes?

Any luck? I'm looking to do the same thing with the 6 but I want to know if it's even possible. Maybe there's missing wiring
No luck yet. Reverted back to original coding so I at least have intermittent wipers.

Where did you come up with the codes for the changes?
Lots of FORScan research, reading the codes on my car with https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned), learning to convert binary to hexadecimal, and this spreadsheet.

Back