Auto dimming side view mirrors?

Watch the end of the video and tell me where the blind spot is. You can clearly see the vehicle in both the rear view and side mirrors as it passes.
You're not going to win. You can explain it to them, but you can't understand it for them.

They fail to realize that the idea is that without looking over your shoulder will see any car in either a) the rearview mirror, b) sideview mirror, or c) out the side window when you are looking at the sideview mirror.

The only thing accomplished by having the sideview mirror look down the back side of your car is helping make sure no one steals your gas cap.

But then again, those are the same people that will argue with you "the ocean isn't blue it's just reflecting the color of the sky"

You're not going to win. You can explain it to them, but you can't understand it for them.

It's not really about winning for me. I was pretty opinionated on the issue at the time (over a year ago) and I've since become a lot more open-minded and receptive instead of confrontational. I joined this forum to learn - if someone wants to help me learn or show me something in a different light or from a different POV, I'm all for it. If it's something I don't agree with, I just respectfully disagree and disengage from the conversation. I see now that I didn't really conduct myself that well at that time, and I apologize for that. I've still got plenty to learn :)

Just remember these mirrors do show a wider field of view, but they also distort the distance between your vehicle and other items behind/beside your vehicle when backing up just like your current passenger mirror. (ie.. items in mirror are closure than they appear”). I purchased a set of these mirrors for my 2016 corvette and really loved them. Until one day I found out the hard way that My new drivers mirror gave no warning like passenger mirrors do.( not saying a warning on the mirror would do anything) I was at a Chevy dealer to get an oil change and watched a Chevy employee move my car by first backing up To go around the car in front. if I hadn’t run out yelling for him to stop, he would have Unknowingly backed right into a pole. To him the pole appeared farther away than it was in reality. Lesson I learn is in the states people expect the drivers mirror to more accurately reflect distance to objects behind/beside you. You need to make sure folks driving your car are aware that your drivers mirror is different. Just a piece of advice, do with as you see fit.

Back