Are the CX-9 OEM brake pads ceramic or semi-metallic?

The pads from the factory (and the ones the dealers use) are all semi-metallic. It's worth the switch to ceramic pads just to make the freakin' 20" wheels easier to clean (almost no brake dust)!

Reviving this ol' thread to state that I put aftermarket ceramic pads on and I find the stopping power just isn't there. The 2011 CX-9 already has underpowered brakes to begin with, so I think putting semi-metallic pads is the better option for better stopping power. Would like to hear other opinions.

What pads did you use?

I put Centric ceramic pads (Posi-Quiet 105.12580 Front, 105.12590 Rear) on about 7 years ago and have no complaints. My car never sees cold weather, though, and I have noticed on other cars that ceramic pads sometimes really suck until they get some heat into them.

I used Akebono ProACT ceramic pads front and rear (ACT1258 and ACT1259). They're pretty good but still wish they had more bite. I had also replaced the rotors with Raybestos 980580FZN coated rotors in the front and Raybestos 980579 rotors in the rear. Any suggestions on a better rotor & pad set up that will give more "bite" and better stopping performance? Will semi-metallics have more stopping power vs the Akebono ceramics?

I must say though that of all the ceramics that I've tried over the years the Akebonos are the best. Compared to Centric, Wagner, etc.

I too switched to ceramics and the power was worst. I’ll be switching back to semi-metallics.

I just ordered the Raybestos EHT pads for front and rear. Also ordered rotors and calipers for the front and will report back on the performance of the Raybestos pads versus the Akebono ProACT ceramic pads. The Raybestost EHT pads are a hybrid material that combines ceramic and semi-metallic and seems to get good reviews, so I thought I would try them out.

I just ordered the Raybestos EHT pads for front and rear. Also ordered rotors and calipers for the front and will report back on the performance of the Raybestos pads versus the Akebono ProACT ceramic pads. The Raybestost EHT pads are a hybrid material that combines ceramic and semi-metallic and seems to get good reviews, so I thought I would try them out.
What’s the verdict on the EHT pads? I’m looking to get them as well.

Back