Anyone using LED H11 fog bulbs?

My only concern with those would be the brightness. i understand the LED technology is a little different, but still 3W is not enough. If you don't care for the "amount" of light you get from them, you can do it, but if you ever would want to use fog lights, as fog lights, don't do it.

HID conversions are generally a direct replacement. i.e. if you have H7 bulbs, you will replace them with H7 bulbs, at least that the way it was for my headlights. I don't have fog lights on mine, but HID conversion was soooo worth it, and i got the slim, digital balast so no thickness, intall issues and it was only $65.

A friend of mine uses LEDs in his MZ3 and they are bright enought for DRL, they won't put any "usable" light out, but they will be more than bright enough for the safety/visibility aspect.

A friend of mine uses LEDs in his MZ3 and they are bright enought for DRL, they won't put any "usable" light out, but they will be more than bright enough for the safety/visibility aspect.

I agree; good for someone else seeing you, bad for you seeing anything. i replaced my stock fog bulbs with LEDs in my MS3, i can't even tell when they're on.

What'd you or your friend use? The fogs are useless for seeing anything anyways, so the DRL aspect us more important to me.

I used to have the 25 SMD on my fogs but its not bright enough so i changed to 3000k HID, I'm planning to order anew set of HID for the high beams too. 3000k

Last edited:
I just want some drop-ins, not HIDs that require removing the bumper to install ballasts. The reason I think the ones I linked to may work, is because without the center reflector, glare reducer, or whatever it's called, the 3W diode will be directly visible. I have 3w led flashlights, and believe me, you can see 1/4 mile down the road - but they have optics. Unscrew the lens, and you have a blinding point light.

I had a set of 3000k HID and the blubs hit the metal bit inside the light and I could not use them...any ideas?

I read another post on here of someone who had the same issue, that's why I mentioned it. They removed the center 'metal bit'.

Ive done both....LED's from autolumination.com....werent bright enough...put in some 6000k fogs with yellow lamin-x....just bent the center piece forward and they fit fine...

I've removed the center pieces on my mazda3 to fit my 3000k fogs but the glare is 10 times worse than with the metal piece just bent forward

Yes, but did you try the LED bulbs with the metal piece removed? If the light is 10X more visible, than I wonder if LED's wil do just fine as DRL's.

nope I never tried to put the LED bulbs in my 3...but im guessing the glare would still be pretty bad and not very useful

Again, the usefulness to me will be as DRL's only, I care nothing about the fog light ability.

Could you share the method to remove the metal piece?

I've never had LED bulb replacements myself but have seen others with LED replacement 1157/56 bulbs (5 or 6 forward facing LEDs), which was more than bright enough for DRL duty. Corner light housing design + directional LED bulbs = poor side lighting but for DRL, I believe you concern is oncoming traffic, right? I would imagine H11 LEDs would be, at minimum, equal to or brighter than those and should be fine as DRL lights. The H11 LED does not have as much forward facing LED but the side ones should reflect well of the fog light housing. But why even use LEDs? Why not just stick with the old bulbs since both allow others to see you but not vice versa?

Back