Anyone riding on Tein Street Basis or Street Advance dampers?

So unfortunately the Teins have started to fail on me, and I've now replaced them to Extend Concept with the ability to set ride height without affecting rebound rates.

13537502_1213542471991215_8367707140223881679_n.jpg
13510826_1213541641991298_5515652351241982087_n.jpg

The Teins were too low under full passenger loads with the speedbumps I have here, kept scraping the bottom..

With the Extends .. the ride height has improved considerably.

Interesting. Never head of Extend Concept but their site seem to indicate they are relatively new to market. I also don’t see a model number for Mazda5? How much do these cost?

From what I can tell, they look *almost identical to YellowSpeed coilovers with incorrect end link mount tabs (sticks out at 45degree angle with a round end) and both are made in Taiwan and follow the same MO, R&D through their own racing circuit/team. A physical difference is Extend Concept actually welded on a bracket for the brake line whereas YS provides afterthought brackets that are worthless. Another BIG difference is the low end of EC do not come with a pillowball top whereas YS do (this is better difference). It looks like the EC use thrust sheets and washers for both top and bottom (don’t see depth for roller bearings so I could be wrong) but this is not necessarily a good or bad thing; more of a practical and preference thing. The count of accordion groves on the EC rear dust boot is two less than YS (I use this as a guestimate for stroke travel but they could have different lengths). Another minor difference is EC offers 30 vs YS’s 33 adj. setting. YS etches/labels their name on most components, which I don’t see on the spring. What are the spring rates for front/rear? Do you have more pic?

BTW, did you try to mount Tein’s EDFC on top of the EC COs?? Does it fit and does the adjustments work in set increments? Can you rebuild the Tein? If not, what do you do with a broken set of Cos?

The set cost me USD$975 (estimating based on exchange rates) installed.

I've been told that EC's are a sister company to BC.
These are monotubes (short stroke) and overall I feel they're much better at road holding that the Tein's.
5cb73b7140a7907c7a22ea3a6dfca9cb.jpg

image.php

Last edited:
Megan is the little sister to BC as the big brother.
http://blog.modernperformance.com/differences-between-bc-and-megan-coilovers

I cannot find any relationship between EC and YS but they sure look like copies.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Speed-Dynamic-Pro-Sport-(DPS)-Coilover-Review

If the pic is top of your COs and not promo pic, that is way too much (unless you are at a currency exchange disadvantage). Both the BC and YS come with camber plates + pillowball top and cost <$1000. FWIW, standalone camber plates alone run ~$200-300 dollars. I can’t tell from the pic but were you able to freely rotate the top plate to identify if it comes with a pillowball top mount? You are already going cheap by buying a budget CO. Assuming EC is a sister company to X, there is no reason to buy the little sister equivalent of big brother when the price difference is marginal (street price might be cheaper). I do see they have somewhat different product placement; the sister line are more for DD purposes so this may be more appropriate based on your needs but they are generally not as well build – there is a price point for everything.

Thats crazy that your teins are failing you. I havent had a problem with mine and im on full stiff

Back