2013~2016 Anyone install Ruthenium Spark Plugs yet?

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
I haven't had a chance to do anything since the weather has been pretty terrible lately, with snow and rain every weekend. I'll probably get to it within the next 1-2 weeks but for now, I can say that my fuel economy has been dipping to 19.7 MPG with the Ruthenium's.

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
3/13 Update: Installation of the OEM Laser Indiums at 72,898 miles.

Observation:
  • There appears to be more black deposits (carbon deposits?) around the perimeter of the cylinder. Looking back at the previous photos before changing to the Ruthenium's, it looked very clean.
  • Haven't test driven anything yet, so no updates on MPG or how the car feels but I do have the resistance of the Rutheniums now that they're out. They're within the OEM resistance specs of 3.0 - 7.5 kOhms (kΩ).
Rutheniums

NameResistance (kOhms/kΩ)
Bank 14.24 - 4.27
Bank 24.31 - 4.32
Bank 34.08 - 4.09
Bank 44.72 - 4.73

20210313_145510.jpg
20210313_145813.jpg
20210313_145606.jpg

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
Did you drive the car over the weekend/Monday?
Yes, I haven't had a chance to do a full fill up yet so no comment on the gas MPG but in terms of going back from the different types of plugs, it seems like the Iridium's are more smooth/refined when accelerating. The difference isn't massive but it's subtle enough to notice the change.

Reactions: AVC

AVC

:
'17 CX-5 Select
The difference isn't massive but it's subtle enough to notice the change.
I relaize you probably haven't gotten through a tank to comment fully on MPG, but any other drivability opinions since you've driven it a bit more (we assume)?

:
16.5 CX-5 Tour/AWD
I relaize you probably haven't gotten through a tank to comment fully on MPG, but any other drivability opinions since you've driven it a bit more (we assume)?
I honestly think there's not much of a difference in terms of driving dynamics. It's probably not really worth testing out unless you have a turbo but for the CX-5 2.5L, no real discernable difference.

Reactions: AVC