Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

The QV I'd guess is the 500 HP one?

Looking at the base, Car and Driver had 2018 model go 5.4 sec to 60. Base 43K, as tested price 55K.

Still not a difference in either metric to sneeze at, but more realistic comparo.

1.2 seconds is a huge amount. At 60 mph you'd travel 88 feet in 1 second. Again, not a small amount. And keep in mind, I was asking about used for the price of new CX-5, so that 2018 Stelvios thousands thousands under a new Signature. But, I couldn't see owning it 5 years from now.

1.2 seconds is a huge amount. At 60 mph you'd travel 88 feet in 1 second. Again, not a small amount. And keep in mind, I was asking about used for the price of new CX-5, so that 2018 Stelvios thousands thousands under a new Signature. But, I couldn't see owning it 5 years from now.

This appears to be the biggest barrier when comparing used luxury to a Mazda; long term ownership and the projected costs that may be associated with the vehicle once the factory or CPO warranty has expired. Unless you're a bit of an enthusiast who is willing to learn how to DIY some repairs/maintenance and do the research, most people are scared away by the assumed higher cost of ownership over the long term. Lexus and Acura seem to be the only brands where this might be less of a factor because of the reliability both brands offer (or used to offer).

The QV I'd guess is the 500 HP one?

Looking at the base, Car and Driver had 2018 model go 5.4 sec to 60. Base 43K, as tested price 55K.

Still not a difference in either metric to sneeze at, but more realistic comparo.

Exactly. now compare them in real-person tests, and you see the CX5 normally does it around 7 flat, and the Stelvio is similar. Including the 1ft roll-out, etc. We aren't talking about the 500hp model.

Back