Anybody with coilovers? Looking for feedback

This is an example of an OEM MACPHERSON STRUT-
079334304089496b311273154b25c072.jpg

This is an example of an aftermarket adjustable coilover strut-
2a9ab5c6b1a93d5190557d6b6457fea5.jpg

The MacPherson strut combines a shock absorber and a coil spring into a single unit and eliminates the need of an upper control arm. This provides a more compact and lighter suspension system that is used in most modern vehicles.

A "coilover" technically is also a macpherson strut, but with adjustable height and spring rates. "Coilover" is a modern street term used to describe this suspension assembly.

Last edited:
will the k-sport and BC fit the 2016s?
I would say yes. Everything I bought for my 2013 fits my 2015 (and from my wrenching, haven't noticed anything different on the sub frames); the chassis and suspension components are unchanged. All you need to consider are anything specifically labeled AWD or FWD.

The 2016 actually have new bushings and "other suspension components":

"A smooth, flat ride realized by adopting a new structure for the front and rear dampers and optimizing the bushing shapes for the front lower arms."

So, it's not safe to say (at the moment) that suspension parts for Series 1 CX-5's will fit Series 2.

Last edited:
The 2016 actually have new bushings and "other suspension components":

"A smooth, flat ride realized by adopting a new structure for the front and rear dampers and optimizing the bushing shapes for the front lower arms."

So, it's not safe to say (at the moment) that suspension parts for Series 1 CX-5's will fit Series 2.
They said similar things about the 2015 having changes suspension components. The damper may be different, the assembly is the same (in my case). On a side note, I believe the 2013 had stiffer dampers as the 2015 seems a bit more bouncy with the same spring. A bushing is not a significant change. They could put new bushing on the sway bars, but what's that going to affect if you go aftermarket? It's highly doubtful that anything would be changed that would make something like coil overs incompatible. Those would be significant changes to the strut tower, and the LCA assembly.

None the less, it's not safe to make assumptions for possible misinformation.

This thread is old asf, but I'm on BC coils now for a while. Bought from Font form $999 or something (maybe less) early last year.
RaLEozNh.jpg

Last edited:
Ride is hard for the the height setting to work wheel/tire size and offset with out rubbing. Dampers ate mazed up front. Rear camber is adjusted with a hardrace camber arm

Owned my cx5 for going on 2 weeks.. Have h&r spring sitting in my dinning room.. But considering threaded bodied c-o's...
So many companies make them for the cx-5, I don't want to limit myself to just bc's or tein ...
Is there any more reviews from a different brand..?

Have bc's on my ms6, kind of hate them.

Ha 4 years on I return to see the same naysayers blabbing on, Just slam that shiz on your 20's! My Teins are Perfecto! and the edfc is amazing. 100K's and still rocking the CX-5 Diesel its amazing !!!

Back