Anybody see this before? Headlight Trim buckling?

Gozo

2020 Mazda6 2.5T
Noticed this around the headlights trim, more on one side than the other. It’s kind of a dark picture...

image.jpg

The rubber/plastic trim is buckling. Left it outside for the afternoon while cleaning out the garage. Usually kept inside, but just sometimes, I do actually go out during the day. It was hot and sunny, but it’s only 5 months old and I wasn’t expecting this.
Any thoughts as to why? Grrrrr....

Wow...I've never seen that before, can you bring it to the dealer? It happened by itself, right?

Wow...I've never seen that before, can you bring it to the dealer? It happened by itself, right?

I've never seen that before either. Assuming it happened on its own, I'd definitely take it to the dealer to get a warranty case opened.

Brought to the dealer today. They’d not seen that either. They’re going to check on if the gasket is part of the headlight assy or not and order the appropriate part/s. Hopefully it will be stress-less process.

Brought to the dealer today. They’d not seen that either. They’re going to check on if the gasket is part of the headlight assy or not and order the appropriate part/s. Hopefully it will be stress-less process.
Good call, thanks for the update...Let us know how it turns out!

Back