Anybody Require / Receive a Printed Brochure?

:
2021 CX-5T AWD CE
Hi, whenever I get a new car I usually save the printed brochure the dealers give out - if/when I sell a car later, it is a little extra gloss for the buyer and often the printed brochure has the best table showing the breakdown of trim features. When I bought mine, the dealer didn't have any so I went online at Mazdausa.com, requested one, and got a confirmation that it was going to be sent. A month later..... nothing. Did the same thing a 2nd time. A month later..... nothing. Absolutely nothing weird about my address or situation.

Anybody get a brochure after requesting one online?

- Mark

The dealer has to give it out. Its against the law to remove it prior selling the car :)
aka Monroney act.

So go bug them if you really want it and unless its been some time ago.

If you haven't already, I'd also try requesting a brochure from your dealer (reference the links @Chocolate posted above so they know exactly what you're looking for). They usually have a bunch on hand to give to potential customers.

Hi, whenever I get a new car I usually save the printed brochure the dealers give out - if/when I sell a car later, it is a little extra gloss for the buyer and often the printed brochure has the best table showing the breakdown of trim features. When I bought mine, the dealer didn't have any so I went online at Mazdausa.com, requested one, and got a confirmation that it was going to be sent. A month later..... nothing. Did the same thing a 2nd time. A month later..... nothing. Absolutely nothing weird about my address or situation.

- Mark
Same here but I keep them even if I sold the vehicle after many years of owning.

Most car dealers don’t offer printed sales brochures nowadays for cost reason. I did request a sales brochure for my 2016 CX-5 online. I also requested a 2018 CX-5 sales brochure thinking of getting one at the time, and did receive a copy. You can call Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations finding out what happened.

- Mark

I'm like you and I do the same thing with vehicle brochures. I got one for my CX from the dealership where I first test drove the car. I didn't buy from that dealer though.

my bad, yes I was thinking of the msrp sticker with all the car features, prices, addons, etc.
The brochures are available as pdf for past years but I dont know about printed one. Never knew they had them actually.

My suggestion is to hang on to the brochure if you get one.I got one off the display rack in the showroom for my 2014.A few weeks later I gave it to someone at work who was car shopping and interested in the CX-5.Shortly thereafter I went to get a replacement and there were none.The 2015 models had arrived so I grabbed a 2015 brochure since it was identical to my 2014.I was last at my dealer in November 2019 for an oil change and while waiting,noticed that there was very little in the way of brochures.
Another thing that went away about 3 years ago was the display case with Mazda gear like hats,T-shirts,coffee cups etc.I asked the parts dept. several times about it but looks like gone for good.Glad I got a hat when I did.

My suggestion is to hang on to the brochure if you get one.I got one off the display rack in the showroom for my 2014.A few weeks later I gave it to someone at work who was car shopping and interested in the CX-5.Shortly thereafter I went to get a replacement and there were none.The 2015 models had arrived so I grabbed a 2015 brochure since it was identical to my 2014.I was last at my dealer in November 2019 for an oil change and while waiting,noticed that there was very little in the way of brochures.
Another thing that went away about 3 years ago was the display case with Mazda gear like hats,T-shirts,coffee cups etc.I asked the parts dept. several times about it but looks like gone for good.Glad I got a hat when I did.

They still have the display cases and hard copy brochures in all of the dealerships I've been to in Alberta and Manitoba. Hard copies are becoming more of a novelty since all of the info is available online (along with some Mazda swag).

My dealer said they don’t have any so I ordered from Mazda USA in November and nothing yet.

While visiting several Mazda dealers when shopping, I had one tell me "Mazda doesn't print brochures anymore, all the info is online". The next dealer says "sure, here you go & gives me one".

I also have brochures for every car I've owned. I find it very nostalgic to look through them from time to time & show them to my adult children. I always grab a brochure when I purchase a car.

I had to buy my 2 missing brochures from car flea markets (pre-internet) to complete my collection. The brochure for my first car, a 1965 Mustang purchased used in 1972 was a little pricey as I recall due to it's collectability but worth it to me.

Mazda usually sends out a small amount of brochures at the beginning of a model year but usually dealers have to buy the rest. They run $5-$7 ea, so many have decided to not order them and just direct people to the online brochures

You know, adding a proper space after your punctuation marks makes your posts SO much easier to read...

Why would you not do that?

Back