Any Mazdaspeed3 tuners here? Need help!

I'm trying to pool together all of my resources. I need some help with my 2nd gen speed.

About a year ago I bought a '12 MS3, not knowing what I was getting into.

Through trial and error I found the following mods...

3" HTP turbo inlet
EMUSA K04 spec turbo
TurboSmart BPV(VTA)
EGR delete
VTCS delete
FMIC swap with 2.5" piping
crankcase PCV delete(possible OCC setup, no can) i'll elaborate on that later
AutoTech HPFP
3.5 BAR CS MAP sensor

So far that is everything I've found so far. Now for the nitty gritty, I started dropping into limp mode more and more frequently so I started running data logs on VT, bought the full version, installed it on my speed and 2 things happened...

1. I lost all my data logs from my free version.

2. To install VT on my PCM I had to erase whatever toilet bowl tune there was and return it to stock. Now it won't start. I'm needing help with MAF and MAP cals, possibly VE as well. I bought a 3 BAR Bosch MAP because I believe a 3.5 is a little too much for a k04.

Welcome @Darthtater92 Thanks for joining up! We've got quite an archive of MS3 related posts that you can search through plus @323 (one of our Moderators) has experience with the MS3 and might be able to provide assistance...Hopefully others will chime in as well (another Moderator @Natey might know as well), I would love to see more MS3 activity here once again on Mazdas247. 🙂

Wish I could help but I just read through your thread and all problems presented are far too advanced for my knowledge. My MS3 knowledge goes as far as basic maintenance. I hope someone can chime in to help you out.

Where are you located? Also VersaTune has a chat forum. I'll bet they can help you out more than us.

It definitely seems like your map got deleted, but IIRC that shouldn't been too big of a deal, since VTs will work with the factory base map. You car should at least start. With your mods though, it might be a little dangerous to be boosting around on the base map.. No hitting up the PO huh? Just to see exactly what's what?

If you're in the SF bay area, I can definitely point you in the direction of a competent shop.

I'm on the VT forum, as well as Mazdaspeeds.org. PO is POS, I've tried to get in contact to no avail. I'm actually based out of Cincinnati. So far I've loaded a base map from VT, didn't start, added a MAFcal from a trusted source, didn't start. I've had issues with the CS MAP sensor so I ordered a bosch 3 BAR and gonna install it tomorrow and inspect the wiring harness

Ok so as for an update, after installing the new MAP all my problems went away, idle dropped to where it should be, no more vacuum leak, no limp so far. Now for the painstaking process of MAF calibration

Ok so as for an update, after installing the new MAP all my problems went away, idle dropped to where it should be, no more vacuum leak, no limp so far. Now for the painstaking process of MAF calibration
Good to know, thanks for the followup...Keep us in the loop if you can.

Back